Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Installing my new system this weekend including new HU (double-din Kenwood), new component 6.5s and tweeters for the front and 6.5s for the rear. Also, a Bazooka self-powered sub.

Need advice on removing dash and door panels and anything else you know is relevant!

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I never took off the door panel, but I did remove the dash piece where the radio sits. Basically hold the top and pull very carefully and it will come out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here are a few things... Mine is the manual window and locks, but yours will be similar, just will need to unplug the electrical connections for the power windows and locks...

First take off the window lever a manual window lever removal tool will help. simply insert the tool and turn the handle... Keep a watch out for that clip though. It might fly out...

Than there are 2 screws to take out.

One behind the latch... be careful when you take the plastic out, as you might accidentally scratch it...

And one behind the door handle rest:

Than simply pry along the edges and take the door off... You will need to unhook all the electrical compnents at this time. I wouldn't recommend letting the door hang by the electrical connections.

this is what your door should look like:

Take the existing speaker out, there are 4 screws at each corner, make sure to unhook the electrical connection prior to pulling the speaker all the way out.

Depending on the 6x9 speaker you replace, or the 6-1/4", you may need to snip the back of the speaker plate to make room for the speaker. You will see that on mine it was really close...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts