Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up the 2022 Frontier SV CC from the Nissan Dealership today. Its been pretty nice so far. It came with the technology and convenience package as well as a few other things.

1. The side steps on my 2019 Frontier SV CC (first pic) fit precisely on the new 2022 Frontier. They wanted to charge me 500.00 w/ 3hrs of labor that literally to 20 mins to unscrew and re-attach from one to the other. They fit just fine after having to tighten them.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

2. The bed extender on my 2019 Frontier is too small for the bed of the new truck.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
408 Posts
Interesting about the bed extender. As the utilitrack system appears to be identical in the 22 I would have expected the bed extender to attach to it as in other years. When you say "too small" - in what way? I thought the bed was the same size. I seem to remember one member saying it was actually 1/2" shorter on the 22 than the 21 when they moved a bed cover from an older truck.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
848 Posts
Interesting about the bed extender. As the utilitrack system appears to be identical in the 22 I would have expected the bed extender to attach to it as in other years. When you say "too small" - in what way? I thought the bed was the same size. I seem to remember one member saying it was actually 1/2" shorter on the 22 than the 21 when they moved a bed cover from an older truck.
This^^^^^. Doesn't make sense. I actually reused my bed extender off my full size Tundra Double Cab. Was too wide of course at first but my extender was adjustable. Loosened the Torx screws on the two center vertical brackets, narrowed the extender to fit, tightened the Torx. Took maybe 10 minutes. I can't imagine the Nissan extender being any different. Amp Research makes most of the bed extenders for everyone anyways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bed is a little bit deeper with the 2022 model vs my 2019 frontier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you post a pick with your extender sitting in place in the new bed to see?
I left it on the other truck before i left the dealership. The mechanic even notice the height difference along with it being deeper. My 2019 had the util track system and there were plastic covers over them. That is what the extender rested on. It was not included on the sv I just got.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
408 Posts
It seems like the way the extender attaches to the side tracks it would allow it to pivot and rest on the bed or tailgate even if the front of the extender was a bit higher than in the D40. This should still make it quite functional. I guess I would have to see it to understand why it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-X
95 Posts
just picked up the 2022 Frontier SV CC from the Nissan Dealership today. Its been pretty nice so far. It came with the technology and convenience package as well as a few other things.

1. The side steps on my 2019 Frontier SV CC (first pic) fit precisely on the new 2022 Frontier. They wanted to charge me 500.00 w/ 3hrs of labor that literally to 20 mins to unscrew and re-attach from one to the other. They fit just fine after having to tighten them. View attachment 337401 View attachment 337402
2. The bed extender on my 2019 Frontier is too small for the bed of the new truck.
Good to know. Just ordered a pair for my PRO-X.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-X
95 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
1. The side steps on my 2019 Frontier SV CC (first pic) fit precisely on the new 2022 Frontier. They wanted to charge me 500.00 w/ 3hrs of labor that literally to 20 mins to unscrew and re-attach from one to the other. They fit just fine after having to tighten them.
...just curious - when you said they "they just fit just fine after having to tighten them"... as opposed to what? Leaving them loose?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Confirming the TAC round tube side steps for previous gen Frontier Crew Cabs work beautifully on our 3rd gen Crew Cabs... A nice surprise was that the ends where the tubes bend inward to the body have ample clearance, and yet, are snug enough to look designed for this truck specifically.

Another side note: Many reviews of this product indicate that the frontmost studs on the vehicle are not long enough to have the front brackets secured with the supplied hardware (requiring the purchase of additional lock nuts)... So maybe Nissan has lengthened the front studs, because they fit perfectly fine with the supplied hardware, with plenty of threads protruding from the back of the nut.

Tire Wheel Plant Shoe Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Cloud
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-X
95 Posts
Confirming the TAC round tube side steps for previous gen Frontier Crew Cabs work beautifully on our 3rd gen Crew Cabs... A nice surprise was that the ends where the tubes bend inward to the body have ample clearance, and yet, are snug enough to look designed for this truck specifically.

Another side note: Many reviews of this product indicate that the frontmost studs on the vehicle are not long enough to have the front brackets secured with the supplied hardware (requiring the purchase of additional lock nuts)... So maybe Nissan has lengthened the front studs, because they fit perfectly fine with the supplied hardware, with plenty of threads protruding from the back of the nut.

View attachment 337838 View attachment 337837 View attachment 337836
They look great. Mine are supposed to be in Monday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts