Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 xe that didn't come with steering wheel controls but I would like to add them. Is the wiring already there or is this going to be a p.i.a? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Back to top.
Has anyone done this for a 1st gen. Frontier? I am going to do this I was hoping someone had a write up done already.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
did the first gens come with SW controls as an option? if they did then you would not only need the switches and wiring but you would also have to have the deck that has the SWC inputs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it was at least an option on '03, I know this because my brother had SC '03 with them. And a lot of aftermarket decks are compatiblr with the factory controls. My question originally was wether or not it would be pre-wired for the option.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Yeah it was at least an option on '03, I know this because my brother had SC '03 with them. And a lot of aftermarket decks are compatiblr with the factory controls. My question originally was wether or not it would be pre-wired for the option.
a lot of aftermarket decks are NOT compatible because every car maker uses different coding for there controls. you need something like the PAC adapter to get your controls to work with an aftermarket deck. as for being prewired, it all depends on the model. i doubt an XE would be but the upper end models might be but there is no guarantee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts