Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Canadian KC XE (USA SE) and I want to add the steering wheel audio controls,

I have the cruise control buttons, so is there a possibility that there might be a wiring harness under the blank on the left?

I'm just looking for an easy install to work with the stock 1CD radio. Nothing overly complicated like splicing wires, etc

·
Registered
535 Posts
It wont work with the single-cd stock radio. There isn't a plug on the back of it. You could use the stock 6 disc changer but you would have to run all of the wires. The best way is to use an aftermarket radio with a PAC adapter. There's a whole thread on how to do it. Although beware the thread is for a 2005. Same principle but different wiring. Look in the audio video forum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 09 Frontier has the same single disk player, with no audio control steering wheel.
I'm planning on doing the Pathfinder center console swap, and doing a 2 din DVD player install.
I really want to try and use the PAC steering wheel audio control interphase, but I'm not sure if all the wiring I need to tap is there.
Again, my truck doesn't have the audio controls on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My 09 Frontier has the same single disk player, with no audio control steering wheel.
I'm planning on doing the Pathfinder center console swap, and doing a 2 din DVD player install.
I really want to try and use the PAC steering wheel audio control interphase, but I'm not sure if all the wiring I need to tap is there.
Again, my truck doesn't have the audio controls on the steering wheel.
The connectors are there but the pins aren't. You would have to use the old cruise control wires and pins to get it through the connectors. Again though you would have to do the pin to pin measurements like I did to figure out which pins would work for your 2009. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I am pissed that the steering wheel audio controls do not have a scan/seek button for the radio. This is the one that you constantly figet with!!

Sorry no input just venting.

On a side note, if you have never had steering wheel controls and think that they are really cool and want to add them, think twice. I actually ususualy jsut make my adjustments on the stereo itself. It is kind of gimicky. The stereo is place in a good spot that is easily reached by the driver. Jsut my two cents.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
On a side note, if you have never had steering wheel controls and think that they are really cool and want to add them, think twice. I actually ususualy jsut make my adjustments on the stereo itself. It is kind of gimicky. The stereo is place in a good spot that is easily reached by the driver. Jsut my two cents.
I have to agree with this.
The SE-R has the steering wheel controls for the stereo and I never use them.
I don't know if it's because I'm not used to them or it's just natural for me to reach up to the dash.
I don't think I'd use them if I had them on the Frontier.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Its a matter of preference. I have the steering wh controls and thats what I use 98% of the time. I have the stock 6cd with RF package and sub. Farther down my mod list is a dvd head unit and speakers, but first looking at lift, and a winch....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am pissed that the steering wheel audio controls do not have a scan/seek button for the radio. This is the one that you constantly figet with!!
Hold down the up and down channel buttons. You should be able to seek up and down instead of going by memory channels. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts