Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed in my 06 SE CC, a 6 CD changer from a NISMO KC (thx 1badfrontier) and I would now like to add the steering wheel audio controls. I believe that the wiring harness for the various trucks must be different as I did not see the spare plug-in for the steering wheel controls nor the speed sensitive volume.
I can add the steering wheel controls quite easily but I don't know if I can get them from the steering wheel to the radio.
Has anyone else tried this? Thoughts?
:?:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, I never realized that the in-steering wheel mounted controls were that convoluted. I'm glad I took the dealer option on this one.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steering Wheel Controls

I have installed a new leather steering wheel that came complete with the audio & cruise controls (very nice - under $200). The plug-in for this seems OK. However, I am unable to locate the correct connector on the main wiring harness to plug into the back of the radio. I don't know if the connector exists on the harness in a SE CC or not. Still searching ................ I am going to visit the dealership on Friday to see if they know if the connector exists or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did your truck have cruise installed from the factory when you bought it? If not, did adding the steering wheel with the cruise control on it make it work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had cruise control before and it still works fine wiht the new steering wheel and switchs. I was at the dearlership last week and they were of no additional help. I think that I will need to go to a car stereo shop to see if they can help me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts