Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wanna start by saying thanks for the instructions on the DIY 2" BL. I put this in my 08 CC Nismo yesterday, and the truck looks great. It looks like it should from the factory IMO.

Now on to the problem. I noticed when driving it after the lift that the steering seems incredibly stiff when first starting the turn. Once into the turn the wheel goes back to gliding like is used too, it isn't too bad, but I am worried that when making precise turns while off-roading, or if i need to get out of the way real quick on the road it may cause problems.It sorta sounds like the shaft might be rubbing something when i am turning and the music is off.

I am guessing that the angle of the steering shaft was changed and maybe the U Joint needs loosening, but I really am not sure what is going on.

If anyone could offer advice that would be great. Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for the repost from the suspension forum, I just wasn't sure where to put this. If it needs to be deleted one of them is fine.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
It seems to me that something must be binding down near your wheels. The only thing that happens with the steering itself is it shortens up on the shaft running down from your steering wheel. Easy fix though... just loosen the bolt for the steering, let it slide out however much it needs to (easy to see on mine, I think it was about an inch) and then tighten back up. If it's still tight turning after that, look closer to the wheels and make sure you loosened every cable that needs to be loosened.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I did adjust that nut, must have not extended it out enough. Ill give it a shot and let you guys know. Thanks a lot ;)!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I really don't think that's your problem though. It doesn't affect anything about the steering really; I didn't even loosen mine up until I had to disconnect the shaft to put in my UCA's and it didn't affect my steering at all. Like I said something is probably binding further down by the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts