Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i was looking through my latest issue of Off-Road Magazine. I found a company by the name of Staun. So i decided to look up their website and look what i found.

4wd Accessories Australia
Now they have every available rim size. They also have them down to the specfics. So you can run them on anytype of rim. Even dare i say our stock Nismo's or SE rims.

They're about $166.79 with free shipping from Poly Performance.
Poly Performance Inc.*::*Wheels*::*Staun Wheel Products*::*Staun 16 - 16.5" Internal Beadlock - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwoo

Code-SBLNC1679

Now remember to put in the specific code and look it up or you may not be able to fit them. They get very specific. You also will need to have your local tire shop trim abit in the lip of the tire to make it flush. If you dont have the heart. To attempt it yourself.
Off Road Vehicles & Trucks, Offroad Racing, 4x4 Truck Accessories & 4x4s at Off-Road Magazine

Thought you guys might enjoy this. I know i did.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
they have been around for some time bud.

if you do some searching on pirate, you will find that staun beadlocks are not commonly used because of some issues people have had with them.
people have reported it was impossible to balance wheels with them. also, people have reported leaks in the rings, which are inflated to a rock hard 70psi or something like that... it becomes a problem when you air back up to get on the road, and the ring leaks into the tire, and over inflates it.

i did some research and found the most beneficial solution for the need for a beadlock on a street driven rig would be a single outer lock rim.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^You have a pic of that outer lock rim. Im not too familiar with the lengo.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alot cheaper than the others Poly Performance offers. When configured right.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
its going to be my next rim, but not for a while. when my tires are spent i'm gonig to run 37's and a 1" wider tire.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its going to be my next rim, but not for a while. when my tires are spent i'm gonig to run 37's and a 1" wider tire.
Yes sir i hear you on that. Im going to run 37's myself. Also i was thinking that same type with the black/black look. Should look b!tchin.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Havn't they been using those internal bead-locks on "the powerblock, 4x4 show"? They spoke as if these are the best thing for the street but I do see that possible leak issue.

I wonder how these would do for a "get away" vehicle that needs to have bulletproof tires? Or would a solid rubber core be better, lol.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
you jinxed me with all this beadlock talk stan! blew a bead today coming down a very steep and very rutted path. there were signs at the top pointing down that said "bad idea" and "stop" hahaha. i drove up it first and it was a pretty damn good climb. burned alot of rubber going up. going down wasn't too bad, but a sharp rock shreaded my front passenger side tire and then it just started falling off the rim and i had to go down this frickin death path with three tires. got to level ground and changed it out.

Havn't they been using those internal bead-locks on "the powerblock, 4x4 show"? They spoke as if these are the best thing for the street but I do see that possible leak issue.
they kiss a$$ all the time for free products for the builds they do. if you want an unbiased opinion from people who actually use the products, read online forums and you will see consistant reviews.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
so whats up with these wheels. Can you order them in any offset, lug pattern, etc? I wouldn't mind a set of those in black with no bead locks in 16x8 +0 offset

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
they kiss a$$ all the time for free products for the builds they do. if you want an unbiased opinion from people who actually use the products, read online forums and you will see consistant reviews.
I agree, thus the thread on Zmax, is there anything it can't fix, lol. This is also why I join forums. Its always best to get a large groups opinion on something rather then a persons opinion in which is getting paid to say it.

Since you had the tire issue, are your plans of 37s going to happen quicker.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
so whats up with these wheels. Can you order them in any offset, lug pattern, etc? I wouldn't mind a set of those in black with no bead locks in 16x8 +0 offset
im sure you can. its an american eagle rim, and the company omf modifies it and makes it a beadlock.

Since you had the tire issue, are your plans of 37s going to happen quicker.
no, actually every time i destroy a tire, it deters me from getting my next set. 4wheelparts actually has a great offroad tire warranty for like $30 a tire. as long as there is more than 50% tread left, they will fix or replace it for free.
this is definitely going to be a free replacement, and its going to cost me $30. the last tire i went through got replaced two trips ago, so now i will have two brand new tires on my truck.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
they make money on people that don't really offroad much.

the guys in the local 4wheelparts know me. they always ask me where i went and how i did it. i'm going to bring them their preasant tomorrow and get a new tire.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
you jinxed me with all this beadlock talk stan! blew a bead today coming down a very steep and very rutted path. there were signs at the top pointing down that said "bad idea" and "stop" hahaha. i drove up it first and it was a pretty damn good climb. burned alot of rubber going up. going down wasn't too bad, but a sharp rock shreaded my front passenger side tire and then it just started falling off the rim and i had to go down this frickin death path with three tires. got to level ground and changed it out.

Dude im sorry :laugh:

So im guessing your going to get some beadlocks now huh ???

im sure you can. its an american eagle rim, and the company omf modifies it and makes it a beadlock.

no, actually every time i destroy a tire, it deters me from getting my next set. 4wheelparts actually has a great offroad tire warranty for like $30 a tire. as long as there is more than 50% tread left, they will fix or replace it for free.
this is definitely going to be a free replacement, and its going to cost me $30. the last tire i went through got replaced two trips ago, so now i will have two brand new tires on my truck.
Oh man, i was hoping for some beadlocks hahaha

You know that old saying "Fix what you broke, break what you fixed"

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
yea, i'm sort of glad its worked out like it has. i'm not ready to buy new rims and tires, too much money to throw away at the moment... for 17" locks and 37's x5 i'm looking at around $3-3.5k
i wouldn't be able to sell my rims for very much either.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude my 37's with 17x9's wont even be that much.

Craiger soft 8 17" wheels (5) $75.95 $379.75
Cooper STT's 37x 12.5/17 (5) $320 $1600.00 (Rough Estimate)
total=$1979.75 (roughly $2100)

What are you planning ?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Dude my 37's with 17x9's wont even be that much.

Craiger soft 8 17" wheels (5) $75.95 $379.75
Cooper STT's 37x 12.5/17 (5) $320 $1600.00 (Rough Estimate)
total=$1979.75 (roughly $2100)

What are you planning ?
Poly Performance Inc.*::*Your shopping cart - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Total Chaos, Ramsey Winch, Walker Evans, Wilwood, Mastercraft, CNC Braking, Sway-A-Way (RaceRunne
OMF beadlocks in the size/finish i want cost $2,600. that is for five rims. then i need tires, so i'll actually hit almost $4k.

after that, i need about $2k for full hydro steering and a couple more grand for a roll cage, seats, and 5 points. it never ends, but i'm done dumping money into it for a year or so.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts