Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Joe and I’m new to the forum. I have a 2005 Nissan frontier SE with some serious starting problems. I replaced both cam sensors and crank positioning sensor and still the truck will not start without many attemtps. Also the code reader did not give any codes I’m really not sure what could possibly be the problem, maybe the computer?

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
Spark plugs can have a lot to do w/ starting issues.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What do you mean
will not start ""without many attemtps.""

Does it eventually start?
Does it crank over and not start, or is it totally dead?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you check that truck maintains fuel pressure after it is turned off. If fuel pump check valve is bad fuel pressure will drop and make starting difficult.
No, I’ll try that. I did also replace the fuel pump. It was starting fine and consistently on the first or second attempt then I had to change the battery and it got a lot worse (not starting without ten or more attempts) even though it cranked over strong. Once it starts it runs perfectly

·
Registered
247 Posts
Try holding the gas pedal 1/2 way down while cranking. If it starts right up, you may have leaking injectors that are flooding out the engine after it's turned off, and you have to crank it over to clear it out.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Is it only a problem after the engine has been sitting long enough to be cold, or does it also have problems re-starting when the engine is completely warmed up to operating temperature?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts