Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More so when it's warm, when I start the truck it takes several seconds of cranking before it "catches". You can hear it firing some but not 100%, until it catches then it's fine.

2002, non-SC V6 auto, 94K. Had replaced plugs, wires (NGK), cap and rotor a while ago. No codes. Idles smooth and runs well.

Any ideas what to look for?

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
More so when it's warm, when I start the truck it takes several seconds of cranking before it "catches". You can hear it firing some but not 100%, until it catches then it's fine.

2002, non-SC V6 auto, 94K. Had replaced plugs, wires (NGK), cap and rotor a while ago. No codes. Idles smooth and runs well.

Any ideas what to look for?
Warm ambient temps or when the engine is warm...as in a warm re-start?

Coil? Fuel pressure? Plugs gapped correctly?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Warm restart. I know I gapped the plugs correctly when I installed them less than 10K miles ago.

Coil's inside the distributor correct? I know I'm getting close to EOL on the distributor, from what I've read here.

Also, my son's Sentra has a known problem where the check valve in the fuel pump assembly doesn't hold, so on a warm start he has to prime the pump for a few seconds then it fires right up. I wonder if Frontiers have the same issue.

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Pretty sure I'd go with OEM if replacing the distributor.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
I would do a fuel pressure leak down test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts