Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some time to start swapping on my 2010 CC. So far only got the radio, hvac, seat heater switches and vdc switch done so far. Was gonna tackle the gauge cluster but ran out of time plus i am not gonna lie those 1206 suck a$$. I do have soldering experience and they still suck. I bought extra lights to do two of my friends frontiers but i am having second thoughts on it now. Anyway the pics suck i will try to get some clearer ones this week but i went with all white and red when the button is pressed. I wanted to change the lcd screen to red but could not get it apart and did not want to take the chance of cracking the glass or breaking something else. Not until i get a new head unit at least. And the fan knob light is still orange. It now has a white light under it but the plastic is actually orange so i might be able to get away with red but until there is a clear one i gotta deal with the orange. Was gonna try the polarized film trick on the lcd screen but since i could not change the color i left it alone. I plan on doing my gauge cluster all white and the lcd screen red with the polarized film over it.

I started taking pictures as i tore it apart and somewhere in between my headaches from being sick and the frustration of these tiny little led's i stopped taking pics lol. Pretty straight forward using the info that is already provided here. Next weekend i am gonna tackle the gauge cluster, key ring, mirror switch and cargo light button. I wanna order the silver pathfinder switch covers for the doors and when i get them i will do the window switches and gear selector. Thanks for the info guys...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Looks great man! Glad to see the HU get done!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am really enjoying the white. I am jonesing to do the gauge cluster now. Really changes the whole appearance of the interior. After doing the work it was definitely worth the work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey monkey, how did you get to the LED's under the HVAC knobs? I had mine tore apart yesterday and couldn't figure out how to get them apart. I was also too scared of breaking them to really give it any effort.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey monkey, how did you get to the LED's under the HVAC knobs? I had mine tore apart yesterday and couldn't figure out how to get them apart. I was also too scared of breaking them to really give it any effort.
They are on TIGHT man! I was scared of breaking them too but i said screw it. Just pry it slowly with a flathead and take your time. It will come apart!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So the knobs come straight up off the circuit board? I'm about to give it a shot....hope I don't break anything.....also, how did you get the VDC button apart? same concept? I hate tugging on things when I'm not 100% sure they are supposed to be tugged on! LOL

·
Registered
693 Posts
So the knobs come straight up off the circuit board? I'm about to give it a shot....hope I don't break anything.....also, how did you get the VDC button apart? same concept? I hate tugging on things when I'm not 100% sure they are supposed to be tugged on! LOL
Nah the buttons dont come off. They are attached to a clear acrylic diffuser on the front half of the unit. Heres a pic of what itll look like and how itll come apart.
***Crap!!! Haha! It just occured to me that your dash is different from mine! Sorry man! I only did it on the SE!***

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
no worries! It's been tough finding info on my a/c unit because only the 2010's and I think maybe the 2009's have it..

·
Registered
48 Posts
**bump** still wondering how to get those darn knobs off of the newer-style HVAC panels.....anybody?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am slacking over here. There are two screws that hold the center of the buttons in place once they are removed the center of the buttons just pull out. I actually desoldered the whole hvac button i think there was only 5 or 6 pins holding it to the board. Once it was off i had full access to all the led's. I did not do the other side cause there was way to many pins to start desoldering. I was able to get my soldering iron with a tiny tips on it into the hole and reach the one led to change and just left the one for the max a/c. When i did the seat heaters and VDC switch i just used some small flat head screw drivers to pry them apart. The inner part just slides out of the housing. I did the cluster last weekend just have not taken pics yet. Somebody correct me if i am wrong but the seat heater had the PLCC2 led in it along with the 1206 and so does the gauge cluster if you wanna replace the turn signals or cruise lights. I had the led's from changing my motorcycle cluster out. When i did my cluster i went ahead and changed the blinkers and cruise control lights to red to contrast the white gauges and match the other little bit or as i say the secondary lights.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am slacking over here. There are two screws that hold the center of the buttons in place once they are removed the center of the buttons just pull out. I actually desoldered the whole hvac button i think there was only 5 or 6 pins holding it to the board. Once it was off i had full access to all the led's. I did not do the other side cause there was way to many pins to start desoldering. I was able to get my soldering iron with a tiny tips on it into the hole and reach the one led to change and just left the one for the max a/c. When i did the seat heaters and VDC switch i just used some small flat head screw drivers to pry them apart. The inner part just slides out of the housing. I did the cluster last weekend just have not taken pics yet. Somebody correct me if i am wrong but the seat heater had the PLCC2 led in it along with the 1206 and so does the gauge cluster if you wanna replace the turn signals or cruise lights. I had the led's from changing my motorcycle cluster out. When i did my cluster i went ahead and changed the blinkers and cruise control lights to red to contrast the white gauges and match the other little bit or as i say the secondary lights.
Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and pulled it all back apart yesterday. I saw those screws and said "what the heck!" I don't know why I didn't try that the first time! LOL those LED's were a pain in the crapper! So my interior is finally done, no more orange light anywhere! Thanks again for getting back with me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts