Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Has anyone installed this on a truck without an immobilizer? My 2010 frontier doesn't have an immobilizer and I've tried installing an excalibur kit off of Amazon and couldn't get it to program and work because of the missing immobilizer. If this will work, that would be great.
My Frontier does not have the immobilizer and the remote starter works. I had some issues in my previous post because my truck was a 2007, not related to the immobilizer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Was helping my nephew install the Start-X Remote Starter this weekend and ran into issues, emailed the support staff and got a response within minutes from B. Hirsch, and we emailed back and forth many times working thru the problem. I have to say that is outstanding customer service, especially as it was Memorial Day Weekend.
Turns out the last test he had me do showed that the truck did not have an immobilizer and they would have to send us another control module.

But here is my question to the forum; The truck is a 2010 SE 3.0 Auto with the chipped key and remote key fob which says it must have originally had an immobilizer, but when it was my truck the ECU fried and they replaced it twice under warranty, the first time after replacing it the cruise control stopped working so they had to do it again. Any of you tech savy forum members think that possibly they replaced the ECU with a non immobilizer unit? Which also suggests the truck can be started with a non chipped key?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just threw the Start-X Remote Start kit on yesterday on my 2019 PRO-4X. Relatively easy install, although not 10 mins as advertised if you haven't done it before. It takes that long just to find the harnesses to plug into. Probably 30 mins taking your time, but even at that it's a super cheap way to get remote start on your own time. My first kit was defective and wouldn't work even though the programming worked. replacement kit was good to go. At $219, it's a great value. The plug n play kit for my G35 from 12VoltSolutions at $350 was not so easy and had one wire to tap for the parking lights. Doesn't get any easier than the Start-X kit.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts