Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just trying to figure out what might have happened so I can walk back to the truck and fix it.

I started up my truck as normal, drove two blocks, hit a speed bump at (not going fast), and suddenly the whole truck shut down. I still have battery power, radio and such, but it won't turn over or try at all.

I figure that a wire might be loose or something, but don't know where it could be. Any suggestions?

p.s. fluid levels are all fine.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Remove, clean, and tighten your battery terminals. First step.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Thats the main fuse for the electrical system. I dont know how a bumo could have taken it out, unless maybe the battery isnt tied down. Get a new one for like 12 bucks, problem should be solved

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. We'll see if it works once I replace it. I went to the closest autoparts store and they did not have it. I'll have to find a ride to the dealership in the morning.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, replaced the Fusible-Link today. Cost 21 dollars from the dealership and the engine roared back to life. Kind of strange how one little 1/8 inch piece of metal on the battery could take down the whole beast. Fastened the battery down a bit better invade the wobbling caused the issue.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
I'd take a brush to the terminals and lugs, they look a little corroded.
Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Did you have the positive terminal protector on? I had a Ranger that conked out when I went over a bump and due to the fact that the unprotected terminal hit the hood, and the battery being loose, killed everything.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
at the very least do what ToddG has said, but I'll tell you the factory clamp that goes around the + post is a big piece of crap. If you go back to your local parts place have a look at the terminals they have for sale (big and beefy) I found it alot better than the paper thin nissan ones that dont tighten worth a dam and cause alot of corrision. After I picked up the new terminal the corrision has stoped. The piece you just bought, you can take the terminal off (8 or 10 mm) and swap it out, just a little piece of advice.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
I meant a wire brush (not a hair brush or tooth brush) just so there is no confusion. :)
Funny when you read your posts again what you notice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts