Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
serpentine belt? spray some water on it and see if it goes away... if so, time to change it

• Helpful
Reactions: Grampy Matt

·
Super Moderator
12,473 Posts
You may want to buy the set with the tensioner, idler and belt.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
12,473 Posts
sounds good
You will feel a major difference in how smoothly a new tensioner goes through its arc. The old one is bitchy when you move it. They are maintenance items and not lifelong parts. Hey, you’re already in there anyway.

Clint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will feel a major difference in how smoothly a new tensioner goes through its arc. The old one is bitchy when you move it. They are maintenance items and not lifelong parts. Hey, you’re already in there anyway.

Clint
they can take the one giant belt the tensioner etc and shove it. I had a 96 toyota T-100 210K miles with the old 3 belt setup. never even changed a belt or pulley. I have 49K on this truck and 2 bearings went bad under warranty and one belt

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mariol29 -yep, the setup used on the Frontier can go longer, or shorter. It's all a crap shoot! My idler bearings started squealing at 65k. Right out of warranty! New compatible sk bearing from the parts shelf at work, it's got close to 70k miles. Still nice and tight. Tensioner and belt around 60k on that set. It's all routine maintenance!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mariol29 -yep, the setup used on the Frontier can go longer, or shorter. It's all a crap shoot! My idler bearings started squealing at 65k. Right out of warranty! New compatible sk bearing from the parts shelf at work, it's got close to 70k miles. Still nice and tight. Tensioner and belt around 60k on that set. It's all routine maintenance!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
is it hard to do?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Youtube is your Friend.....Check your local auto parts store to see if they rent tools to assist you in removing the serpentine belt & tensioner. If you have NO mechanical skills, then it's best if you take it to a mechanic. The attached videos are for EDUCATIONAL purposes only!! Any repairs performed by you are performed at your own risk.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Youtube is your Friend.....Check your local auto parts store to see if they rent tools to assist you in removing the serpentine belt & tensioner. If you have NO mechanical skills, then it's best if you take it to a mechanic. The attached videos are for EDUCATIONAL purposes only!! Any repairs performed by you are performed at your own risk.....
whoever thought of this one belt system should be tortured in gitmo for life. not that hard to do just a giant pain in the azz. I wonder why they didnt take the radiator shroud off which would give more room. some kid on u tube soaked the new belt in 303 protectant for 10 minutes and said it makes the belt last 200k miles. thanks for the vids

1 - 11 of 11 Posts