Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you can check out my stats in my sig. Whenever I push in the clutch to change gears, something under the truck squeaks like an old door. Do I just need to lube something under the truck?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Probably your clutch master cylinder. It's are an easy shadetree fix. Others will probably have additional suggestions.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody have any additional suggestions??

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just by pushing the clutch. LoL, sometimes in parking lots people will jump because the squeak comes from nowhere before I start the truck =P

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah. Make someone sit in the truck while you go under it. It may be the release fork, maybe its the master cylinder. Cant tell you from here. I had the same problem with mine, and it came from the fork. Put some grease in it, never heard the sound again.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Yeah. Make someone sit in the truck while you go under it. It may be the release fork, maybe its the master cylinder. Cant tell you must from here. I had the same problem with mine, and it came from the fork. Put some grease in it, never heard the sound again.
Good advice. I did that and used a cheap mechianic's stethescope to confirm my master cylinder as the culprit. It still took four warranty visits to the Dealer to finally get it replaced tho.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a similar noise on my old '97 Hardbody... it was at the fork somewhere near where it meets with the slave cylinder. Some spray lube made it go away for a while.

Heath

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's where mine was. Release fork and slave cylinder. Just don't use WD40 cause it will wash away. Try to use some grease or heavy duty lube that wont go away. You will have to re-lube it once in a while, but if you use WD40 you're going to re-lube it every week or so.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll spray it with the WD 40 first just to get all the dirt and everything away, and then smack some good grease around the whole area. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Late on the post but I think it's a return spring that's worn through a bushing in its mount/hanger. Metal on metal contact makes squeak. If you get in there with a flashlight you can see one end of the return spring has a white colored bushing on it which can get worn through over time.

Dealing with it now and don't want to replace the whole assembly for one stupid little plastic cylinder but sometimes that's just what is.

CC

·
Registered
298 Posts
My clutch sqeaks like an old door also. Only the culprit happens to the tension spring for the pedal itself. I have tried putting a light grease on the coils but it hasn't made the squeak go away. If anyone knows any tricks on how to quiet squeaky spring coils I'm all ears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts