Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So for a long time I've been contemplating about getting new headlights to replace my yellowing, stock housing that came with HIDs when I purchased the truck. Later I noticed once in a while, some cars would flash me, so I adjusted them as low as possible. That did help, but I wasn't satisfied.

I researched over and over about retrofitting and "eBay" headlights. I chose the eBay headlights since it best suited my needs. Sure, retrofit will give you cleaner cutoff lines and wider light distribution...did I want to shell out $500-600 for a set? Nope. Even though there wasn't much info about how the SPYDER projector headlights performed and not many experiences from other Frontier owners, I gave it a shot.

I went with all chrome housing since the black housing made the projectors look too prominent. I wanted the cleanest, most stock look possible. I wished these didn't have halos...I left them disconnected. I did connect the lower leds to the parking lights for $h!ts and giggles.

Doesn't look too bad and they are bright.

Changed out the the HIDs to a modern DDM tuning slim ballast/external igniters and ultra bulbs in 6500k. Suppose to be 35% brighter... they are.

Here they are with the "high beams" on :D

Here is a driving shot...more output vs the stock/HID combo. Keep in mind that this is pre-adjustment. Needed to be adjusted higher in this pic.

Clearer pic and adjusted to proper level.

There it is. So in conclusion, eBay headlights look great and perform better than stock/stock with HIDs. Doesn't blind traffic, doesn't break the bank. The projector pattern isn't perfect, but not bad at all. It doesn't bother me. If that does bother you, get yourself a retrofitted set or build some if you have the time. Probably would be 10x better lighting.

Well, that's it! Post up if you have any questions.

·
Registered
119 Posts
im about to bite the bullet

Do you have led or hid kit in them ? im about to buy these same headlights did u get the led halo rings or ccfl?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you have led or hid kit in them ? im about to buy these same headlights did u get the led halo rings or ccfl?
I'm running 35w HIDs. LED halo rings since I wasn't planning on using them. Later down the road, I'm probably gonna remove them and retrofit to nicer projectors. Have the best of both worlds.

Edit: check out DT moto on eBay, they have the best prices for this style headlights.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm running 35w HIDs. LED halo rings since I wasn't planning on using them. Later down the road, I'm probably gonna remove them and retrofit to nicer projectors. Have the best of both worlds.

Edit: check out DT moto on eBay, they have the best prices for this style headlights.
do you notice anything better with these vs stock? any complaints? i really like how they look on your truck tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts