Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I was driving to work today. It is pretty wet and rainy here for a change. Did something get wet or is something else going? I've only had the truck less than 2 weeks.

Any suggestions before I have my wrench look at it.

Curt
Castle Rock, CO
2006 SE CC 6MT (Red Brawn) 43k

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like the engine's running in "safe mode" to avoid damage... Is the SES light on? Is it throwing any codes?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No water in the intake. Did the ECU reset and everything is back to normal. No sputtering and revs freely!

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
really strange that it came up, you said you just got it recently, maybe it's been sitting for a while and had some bad gas in the lines?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i had this happen oddly right after a car wash. I disconnected the bat to rest the system. Took it to the dealer sense warranty still going. I had a throttle body spacer problem. Fixed and no probs after that...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got with 3/4 of a tank and have filled it up since. It's been great up until today. I think something got wet after yesterday's drive though quite a bit of puddles and rain.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
hmmm stranger things have happened i guess...

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
OEM electrical connectors are damn water tight, EG I can pressure wash the engine compartment on my pathy with the engine running with no consequences. well, the fan throws alot of water but thats it.

Anyway, check to see if you have any loose connectors in the engine bay, or maybe someone added an aftermarket alarm or something similar and didnt seal em up right.

If it happened today, it will probably happen again...

a good test would be to take it to the wash and try what I just mentioned

1 - 15 of 15 Posts