Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a question for all of you to help me decide. I have an 02 crew Cab XE V6 4X4. I have slowly made some upgrades on my truck which includes an audio and tire/wheel upgrades. My next project would be to install a bedliner. I am having difficulty deciding on whether to put a spray-on or a drop in. I have heard both arguments, I even have a suggestion of just putting a pre-cut rubber mat. Can you give this member some of your thoughts to help me decide? Thanks guys!

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I would suggest the Spray-in liner. If you get a drop-in they scratch the bed and hold moisture (snow and ice), which will crack the plastic drop-in pretty easily. If you get a quality spray-in and it is installed correctly, they are very tough and they seal the bed from rust! Just my $.02!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
i ditto that, and if you are on a budget and have a little spare time there is a product called herculiner that is rolled on with a paint roller. it is very tough and exrremely skid resistant. and because you do it yourself you can put it on as thick as you want it in the important area's. Ive done a couple of my trucks with good results. the only downside is it fades pretty bad but they make a uv protectant now to take care of that.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i would stay far away from drop in liners and rubber mats. they have a tendency to let water collect. over time rust could form and eat away at your bed. spray on liners are a good investment and should last the life of your truck.

·
Registered
838 Posts
if you can afford to shell out some coin, go w/ the rhinolinings.com for $450. worth every hard earned cent. i had my 05' sprayed for about a year and i've abused it pretty good. it will take a beating and if there is any sign of a chip or fade, rhino linings will respray it. guaranteed for the life of the truck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts