Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the drop-in bedliner in their Frontier and replaced it with a spray-on liner?

I'm very dissatisfied with the drop in liner. Dirt, mulch gravel and random crap accumulate easily between those thin, deep ridges and take a lot of work and cleaning to get out. I'd really rather have a spray on liner, but I wonder what the bed is like underneath the factory liner. Is the bed itself suitable for spraying? I guess I'm worried because it seems the drop-in liner is so integrated into the bed design.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im saving my $$$ for a LineX spray in liner, I dont know what is under our drop-in, but im sure theres no reason why it cant be removed and a good spray liner installed.

lets see if theres anyone else that posts up that has already done this

·
Banned
3 Posts
Spray on bedliner

Has anyone removed the drop-in bedliner in their Frontier and replaced it with a spray-on liner?

I'm very dissatisfied with the drop in liner. Dirt, mulch gravel and random crap accumulate easily between those thin, deep ridges and take a lot of work and cleaning to get out. I'd really rather have a spray on liner, but I wonder what the bed is like underneath the factory liner. Is the bed itself suitable for spraying? I guess I'm worried because it seems the drop-in liner is so integrated into the bed design.
Never tried the drop in liner.I have Qwikliner spray on bedliner and it works well. Qwikliner holds up great to gravel/concrete/dirt. It is tough, durable and water resistant matter.:noworries:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I have had the drop in before and prefer the spray on.

IMHO, you will have the same if not more issues with clean up though.

On the positive side, things don't slide around as much and you will have less chance of rust with the spray on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i just finished the DIY herculiner... whata fugging mess.. me and the old lady did it.. turned out awesome. 3 coats nice and thick for less then $100.. Cant beat that. Its the roll on... very nice. I would recommend it.

Removed the plastic drop in to find rust and dirt... cleaned up with some degreaser and sanded the rust... sprayed a rust preventer primer on it... and then coated the hole bed x3 times with the kit.

·
Banned
3 Posts
spray on bedliner

I have Qwikliner and it works well. QWIK LINER Spray-On bedliner is industry proven to provide your truck bed with anti skid, permanent abrasion-resistant protection. The unique flexible, textured, non-porous lining is easy to clean and will not warp, crack or peel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went ahead and got the spray on liner done last week. $425 from Fabick, which started right here in Madison. So far it looks great, and it has given me perhaps a few square feet more cargo room for mulch and such, and I'm rid of that crappy plastic liner forever. I'll give the durability of the stuff a good test this fall and winter. I really don't understand why truck manufacturers don't just spec. the spray on liners from the factory.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I agree, the spray liner is nice but not for everyone. Some people do the show truck style and they would have to strip the bed first. Then others prefer the plastic liner since it makes it easy to slide crap in and out of the bed since it is smooth and not rough like the spray style. Also, it is cheaper for them to just paint everything and not have to worry about masking and spraying.

Also, another issue with the spray lines is that if it isn't done right, it will bubble and flake off. This has happened on a few early Titans but luckly they got Nissan to pay for it to be stripped and LineXed or Rhinoed or whatever the consumer wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts