Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 2017 Pro4X this past weekend. It includes the factory spray in bedliner, however, the tailgate is lined with the plastic liner. Is that how they come or should that have been sprayed also? (Factory forgot my roof rack crossbars also...so thought I'd ask). ::smile::

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes the inside of the tailgate is the plastic part, not sprayed on. It wouldn't be wise to put the spray on stuff on the inside of the tailgate in case something happens do the mechanicals of the handle and gate locking mechanisms, and they have to take the tailgate apart or open it up to get at it. If it's been sprayed on, they'd have to send it back to the factory for that sort of work.

Nissan stopped putting roof racks on the trucks sometime back in 2015. I got my Pro-4x in March of 2016 ( just turned a year last week in fact ) and none of the Fronty's had roof racks on them at that point. It was one of the things they did to increase the MPG from the vehicle. I believe you can still get them from the parts department though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Frontier Pro-4X and it has the roof rack.

OP...I would have the dealership order you up the cross bars. It should have came with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2016 Frontier Pro-4X and it has the roof rack.

OP...I would have the dealership order you up the cross bars. It should have came with them.
Thanks, the dealer already got the parts in for that. It came with the rails, but was missing the crossbars. Took me a couple of days to notice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I bought my frontier Sept of '16 I asked my dealer about installing a roof rack. My dealer told me they installed them at port and wouldn't do it at the dealership. The rep said the roof cross bars only came on the luxury package of the Pro4x now. Of course this could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I bought my frontier Sept of '16 I asked my dealer about installing a roof rack. My dealer told me they installed them at port and wouldn't do it at the dealership. The rep said the roof cross bars only came on the luxury package of the Pro4x now. Of course this could be wrong.
You are correct, the roof rack w/crossbars only comes on the Pro4X with Luxury package.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just got my new 2017 Pro4X this past weekend. It includes the factory spray in bedliner, however, the tailgate is lined with the plastic liner. Is that how they come or should that have been sprayed also? (Factory forgot my roof rack crossbars also...so thought I'd ask). ::smile::
the tailgate has to be plastic because it the part of the truck that has the highest traffic so you will need something to stand up to the traffic. Also, since it is a variable component of the truck, meaning that if things break down inside, it will need to come apart, it is stupid to line it with spray on.:serious:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Mine came with cross bars and roof rack... I got the pro4x lux tho as well.... The INNO ski rack WORKS GREAT if you're a snow person :cool::snowboarder:

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Truth is they don't want to do the drilling and fitting of the plates above the headliner, no worries about customers complaining if there are leaks.

Yes the inside of the tailgate is the plastic part, not sprayed on. It wouldn't be wise to put the spray on stuff on the inside of the tailgate in case something happens do the mechanicals of the handle and gate locking mechanisms, and they have to take the tailgate apart or open it up to get at it. If it's been sprayed on, they'd have to send it back to the factory for that sort of work.
One could take off the plastic panel (it's just held on by screws), spray the panel by itself, then reattach it, then you'd have a "bedlined" tailgate. And it'll still come off easily if you have to get in there.

·
Registered
795 Posts
the tailgate has to be plastic because it the part of the truck that has the highest traffic so you will need something to stand up to the traffic. Also, since it is a variable component of the truck, meaning that if things break down inside, it will need to come apart, it is stupid to line it with spray on.:serious:
I got mine sprayed at line-x. They took the panel off the tailgate and sprayed it separately. Then they reinstalled it after. You can still get to everything inside, and it's way more durable than the plastic.

Also, the line-x goes down into the bottom part of the tailgate, where you always see other trucks rusting.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I got mine sprayed at line-x. They took the panel off the tailgate and sprayed it separately. Then they reinstalled it after. You can still get to everything inside, and it's way more durable than the plastic.

Also, the line-x goes down into the bottom part of the tailgate, where you always see other trucks rusting.
I have rhino liner, same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts