Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having lunch in Coronado CA when when what looked like a slightly more aggressive looking new Navara drove by on orange ave. It had the distinctive Frontier badge on it's rear and it did not have mexican plates. I could not get a picture before it was gone. It had a great appearance and made me very excited to see it when it is finally released. Does anyone have an idea when Nissan is finally going to reveal this truck officially?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interesting! Would love to have seen a pic - I know everyone is excited that there will be some body changes, but personally I hope they aren't too drastic. I love the Frontier for what it is - refresh it, but don't turn it into a Navara...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Since I just bought a 2016 in December it will be some time before I am in the market for a new Frontier. The one hope I have is that Nissan does not go the way of Toyota or GMC and make the truck bigger. I like the current size of the Frontier.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

Right? Sure you did? ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
:worthless_thread:

Reactions: ib17p4x

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was having lunch in Coronado CA when when what looked like a slightly more aggressive looking new Navara drove by on orange ave. It had the distinctive Frontier badge on it's rear and it did not have mexican plates. I could not get a picture before it was gone. It had a great appearance and made me very excited to see it when it is finally released. Does anyone have an idea when Nissan is finally going to reveal this truck officially?
anything more you can tell us about this? Any pics online that resemble it? I am so curious about the new frontier. Seems nissan has been really good at keeping it hush hush. So good to the point that I was actually thinking a new frontier wasn't even coming.

·
Super Moderator
11,609 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm calling either fake on this or OP misidentified what he saw (i.e. modded Frontier)

Are there any Nissan factories in CA? I thought they made the Frontier in TN..... I would presume they would test mules near the factory.

Also, isn't
legal in CA?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Could have been, Nissan has a design Center in La Jolla in North San Diego area. F.Y.I. Frontier is built in Canton Mississippi.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just speculation but maybe it could've been a Navara and the owner re-badged it as a Frontier... Just like a Frontier re-badged as a Navara. I think Raine re-badged his Frontier into a Navara... Just Sayin'...

·
Registered
28 Posts
An update will be well received, but I hope they keep it simple - we don't need another $40,000 - $45,000 small truck in the market. BTW - saw a Colorado on my way to work today, not a fan, I'll take my '12 SV any day.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
I would be very surprised if the next Frontier doesn't look much like or is the same as the Navara currently being sold in other parts of the world. I do know that Mercedes-Benz is supposed to re-badge a Nissan Frontier or Navara in a few years. That ought to be interesting.

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
Just speculation but maybe it could've been a Navara and the owner re-badged it as a Frontier... Just like a Frontier re-badged as a Navara. I think Raine re-badged his Frontier into a Navara... Just Sayin'...
...you rang? LOL

I wonder why OP said they saw a "2018". Did it say 2018 anywhere? Or did OP just assume that because it doesn't look like the current 2005-2017 Frontier, that it must be a 2018?

FYI There have already been a few NP300s spotted in California here and there since it was released (in 2015). There hasn't been any real, official news about an all-new Frontier for awhile now, just a bunch of regurgitating rumors and speculation and NP300 press release rehashes.

If the replacement Frontier looks like an NP300, I'd buy one.

The title of this thread feels clickbait-y haha

EDIT: I go here for fun to spin the truck around:
http://www.nissan.com.au/Cars-Vehicles/NP300-Navara/Overview

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm excited to see what they come up with for the US/Canada market. I dig the NP300 and will be ready for a new truck in a few years.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
If it was from Mexico it was most likely just the Navara NP300

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone still think there will be a new Frontier in 2018? The hype for the new Titan started a couple of years before the first one hit the lot. MY2018 is only about 6 months away. Sometimes I wonder if Nissan even knows it still builds Frontiers here or if someone just forgot to discontinue them like the Xterras. ::grin::

Reactions: jwp1964

·
Registered
667 Posts
Does anyone still think there will be a new Frontier in 2018? The hype for the new Titan started a couple of years before the first one hit the lot. MY2018 is only about 6 months away. Sometimes I wonder if Nissan even knows it still builds Frontiers here or if someone just forgot to discontinue them like the Xterras. ::grin::

I'm thinking the same thing. Either the Frontier is dead or we're getting the Navarra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would hate to see Nissan stop producing the Frontier for the US market. Thought I read some where that the Navarra is basically the same size as the current Frontier. Just updates in interior and skin. I would purchase a Frontier/Navarra when I am ready to retire my 2016 Pro.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just read some articles that nissan will be adopting Mitsubishi's midsize truck architecture. This could explain the delay in the new frontier. I for one think the mitsu triton is unattractive.

Couple other crazy ideas I had were that nissan was going to stop making the frontier and call the new V6 Titan a Titan Frontier. An even crazier idea I had was nissan was going to bow out of the real midsize truck market and come out with a ridgeline type CUV truck based on the pathfinder or even the now pretty large rogue. This like I said were just some crazy thoughts I had. More than likely we will just get a navara that has been on the market since 2014.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts