Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good place to get one of these locally? Like Autozone, Advance Auto or maybe Napa? Would they carry something like that? The wheels on the truck came with splined 6 point locking lug nuts and the key is not in the truck. I called a buddy who knows the previous owner of the truck to see if he had the key and he said he thought it had regular lug nuts on it. I need to find something quick to get the wheels off.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
hammer a socket over them like thieves do, then throw em away. the only people locks keeps from getting the wheels off are generally the owner

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I would do that but I told the person who bought the wheels that they would get the lug nuts too (not knowing that they were these locking lug nuts) and I don't want to risk scratching the wheels. I guess I'll make a few calls today and see if I can find one. If not, I found one for $4.99 but I'll have to order it online and wait for it to ship.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Get 2, They Crack Easy And Never, Ever, Ever, Use An Impact On Them. They Crack Easy Enough By Hand

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Stop by the dealer. They have a master key. I **** you not. I kept fishing my wheel key out when I took the truck in until I forgot one morning. Service guy said not to worry as long as it was a Nissan (McGuard) lock they have a key.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a shop here in town that sold me the key for $5. So now i can get to swapping out the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
10,765 Posts
That was lucky the key was available locally. Saved you the shipping time.

Clint

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep sure was. Had to go to 3 different tire shops before I found one that would sell me the key without a whole set of lugs to go with it. The first 2 places wanted $40 for a set of lugs with the key. Just so happened the 3rd place had a spare key they didn't mind letting go of.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I hate those things.. first thing I did was order 2 spare keys and put them in places I wouldn't lose them.. I think one of them is with my spare set of keys that I lost 2 moves ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts