Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just thinking and i might be talking out of my ***, but with the cst spindle its just 4inches added to the top of the spindle correct? well i never thought about it but i work at a custom fab shop and couldnt i just cut and add 4 inches to the spindle? and what kind of metal is it? Im not your regular joe blow has a welder kinda guy either.. here are some pics of what we do

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
ya gotta move/add to the bottom where the wheel hub mounts to the spindle, lengthing the top will just push the UCA up.

Nice lookin' work BTW.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Their spindle actually relocates the lower hub mount lower to gain the lift. This is also why it is only 2wd and not 4wd, the axle shaft wouldn't fit and the CV angles may be a bit much.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah sorry i forgot to put that in my first post.. i have a 2wd. just wondering if i could hack up my stock spindles and modify them

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Yes you can. A member here actually made a set of lowering spindles for his bagged Frontier. It just requires a set of extra spindles and the ability to weld. Just make sure you gusset it and that it is strong enough to withstand the weight of the front end bouncing around on the road.

I think a simple jig to hold all the parts will make the process a whole lot easier. Kinda like the jigs used to make custom B-pipes so eliminate the secondary cats and make it a bolt-on application.

·
Registered
104 Posts
no guys you dont need an extra spindle my friend on his titan cut the top of the cst spindles and added about 3 inches 4 i think is pushing it. but yea ill post a pic so you guys can get an idea.

here ya go im sorry its 2 inches added.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
^the additional 2" is for the UCA/coilbucket clearance.

add/edit: teh actual lift is coming from that C/O thats cranked to hell.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
i wish there were cheaper alternatives than cst. Being the only producers of spindles they got a lock on the market and charging way too much imo. Been wanting a set but can't afford the brand new prices.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
i wish there were cheaper alternatives than cst. Being the only producers of spindles they got a lock on the market and charging way too much imo. Been wanting a set but can't afford the brand new prices.
^there were some asian knock-offs :laugh:

CSTs are made in USA top quality hardware! And as seen in the BST section those POS still draw top $$ used.

add/edit: I've even seen used ones get flipped for a few bucks here!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cool idea giving 6" lift
nope that actually is the spindle that comes with the 8 inch lift package so now his truck is sitting at 10 inch lift other words his front end measures from the ground to the center of the fender 50 inches. cool uh?

^there were some asian knock-offs :laugh:

CSTs are made in USA top quality hardware! And as seen in the BST section those POS still draw top $$ used.

add/edit: I've even seen used ones get flipped for a few bucks here!
can we get somebody else to manufacture them??
yup the shop is called suspension max and i live by it its located in Anaheim CA heres their number (714) 632-7024 oh yea by the way why dont you guys try Pro Comp spindle? the spindle from Pro Comp is wayyy stronger then CST.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
just to clear things up.... adding to the top of the spindle can not add lift. it can raise the UCA but can not add lift to the truck. The uca pivots up and down and carrys no vertical weight.

·
Registered
104 Posts
just to clear things up.... adding to the top of the spindle can not add lift. it can raise the UCA but can not add lift to the truck. The uca pivots up and down and carrys no vertical weight.
so why is that my friend has the exact same setup as i do and his is still higher tell me then???? the only difference is the spindle 2 he added.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
super expensive stuff! they have a kit with a drop brack n crap(or maybe its just calmini)

btw i dont think fabtech has anytihng for us 2wd's

1 - 20 of 29 Posts