Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend said that a spindle lift would cause the upper ball joint to wear out super fast. I was wondering if the 4" spindle is any longer than stock,(causing the joint to wear out by changing the geometry), because to me it seemed that the just the location of the wheel on the spindle changed. Therefore giving it the 4" of lift. Can someone clear this up for me? :confused:

Also how much will wheel spacers change the steering pattern? Will I get more rubbing?
Thanks,
Chris

bump

·
Registered
398 Posts
As far a I know, the 4" spindle from CST just relocates the wheel on the the spindle. The overall length from the top ball joint to the lower ball joint stays the same. So it should not wear out anything faster then it would normally.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where is everyone finding there cst lift spindles??? I've done a pile of searching and come up with nothing. Anybody got a link out there!!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Where is everyone finding there cst lift spindles??? I've done a pile of searching and come up with nothing. Anybody got a link out there!!
Try Google..

They come up occasionally for cheap here or ebay also.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So correct me if I'm mistaken, but if I already have a 2" spacer and want to add the CST spindles to the front... I won't have any issues with coil bucket contact due to the suspension alignment not being changed. And also I will not need another alignment?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
In theory, the CST spindle doesn't change the length between the UCA and LCA so no extra CB contact. Since you already added the 2" spacer, you will get contact just the way you are. If you havn't already, its probably because you mall crawl and don't actually flex your front suspension.

Just and FYI, the CST spindle can only be used on 2wd since the 4wd shafts won't align at all.

Also, whenever you change the front suspension, you should get an alignment. You can always go down to tire kingdom and get their 5yr special for 140 which is quite cheap since its unlimited alignments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts