Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I remember joining this forum back in 2012 when i had a 2007 Frontier in Jamaica. Dont think i ever posted but it made for great reading as i learned about the pickup..
Now i'm living in Florida and remembering how reliable they were i grabbed a 2005 Frontier off a friend. Runs real good but the dash cluster is not the original and as a result all lights are lit.
I'm trying to buy a replacement but not sure what it should look like.
The current one has 6 gauges...Temp, tach, Odometer, Oil pressure, Fuel & Battery volts.
I See other 2005 clusters with only 4 gauges. Temp, Odom, Tach & Fuel
Its a V6 King Cab LE, VIN # is 1N6AD06U85C431868
Any help identifying the correct one would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome back. Enter your VIN here and see what kind of info or part number is available. 2005 Nissan Frontier Parts - NissanPartsDeal.com

Hopefully this helps.
Just wanted to say thanks for that link. It has been very helpful in everything i do on this truck.
I was off the truck (and this site) for a while but when i had tranny probs it was my go-to.
I got that sorted with help from others on here and then focused on the speedometer again since the cluster i'd bought did not solve the problem.

My ABS, parking brake, VDC & SLIP lights were on constantly and the speedometer and odometer did not work.
One day i realized the anti skid control unit's harness wasnt connected. When i plugged it on, the truck would not start.
Unplugged and it cranked up again. I replaced the control unit and the ABS and Brake lights went off. Speedometer and counter works.
Still have the VDC off and SLIP lights showing so a lil bit still to be done but i'm happy :cool:

Wanted to put this out in case someone has similar problems so i'll also add a pic of the replaced part.
Appreciate all the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Tampa...Welcome Back....

Butterman must be asleep on the job again!!:oops::oops::oops: 🤣🤣🤣... I'm surprised he didn't recommend you download a copy of the Nissan Factory Service Manual for your model year Frontier if you haven't already done so. It comes in handy when trying to diagnose problems with the VDC & SLIP lights. Were you able to pull up any OBD II Diagnostic Codes from your ECU? Any idea what could be triggering your VDC & SLIP Lights?? You think it's a wiring issue or a component issue??

Anyhow, here's the link for the Factory Service Manual...

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
4,018 Posts
Tampa...Welcome Back....

Butterman must be asleep on the job again!!:oops::oops::oops: 🤣🤣🤣... I'm surprised he didn't recommend you download a copy of the Nissan Factory Service Manual
Lol.
Nah, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings again by recommending the FSM download before you had a chance.😉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts