Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 frontier 4cyl 5spd and the speedometer quit. the tach still works as do all of the other gauges. The check engine light came on as well. I put it on a lift and put it in gear and the wires leading to the speedo display varying voltage depending on the speed of the rear wheels. I dont know about the last wire(there are three total, goes to the ECU I assume). does anyone know what this wires voltage or resistance or whatever should be?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I know on older hardbodies, the speed sensor on the tranny and the part at the actual speedometer were both known to fail. I've replaced both units on my old '94 once each. I would assume the 1st gen Frontiers use the same parts seeing they are essentially the same trucks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's the speed sensor, located at the very rear of the transmission, on the passenger side. I just replaced mine, same thing happened, speedo died, and I had some seizure like shifting in the AT a few times getting her home. With a MT you wouldn't get my transmission symptoms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts