Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ever used these speed bleeder valves for bleeding the brake fluid in your vehicle? They look pretty awesome.
SB1010 Speed Bleeder
M10 x 1.0 x 34.44 Speed Bleeder Packaged with dust cap*$7.00** **View Details

http://www.speedbleeder.com

·
Registered
2015 SV Crew Cab with Jason Shell
7 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I looked into these about 6 months ago.
I actually called up Russel Performance (Edelbrock) yesterday to find out why their application list only shows these bleeders for use on vehicles around 2006 and older. He said "I don't know." I said, "Well,... these should work on my 2015 Frontier, right?" He said "I don't know."
Then he says, "You can try to match your bleeder thread size up to one of ours and then try it out and see how it goes."
So as you can see, he wasn't helpful at all. And you would think a company owned by Edelbrock would have a little more product knowledge. And why on earth would they manufacture a product that isn't designed for use on vehicles made within the past 14 years? Or are they just too lazy to update their Application Guide? Who knows...
It looks like a pretty good idea, but I don't know if it's worth pulling my bleeders, measuring thread pitch, diameter, length, etc, and then trying to figure out which one of theirs might match.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Huh. They look cool, seems as though it would make bleeding your brakes way easier for one person. My only concern is adding unnecessary complexity to an otherwise simple system.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I've had my '98 since 2004, and my 2004 since 2011, and never have had to replace ANY of the brake hydraulics on either. So I haven't even flushed either system. 245K and 102K respectively.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,833 Posts
There's a part of their website that may be a little better for identifying relevant parts. The idea certainly is compelling, my wife hates pumping the pedal, especially when the vehicle is up on the lift.

If I follow their directions right, if I want to put such a bleeder screw into a Pathfinder V8 caliper, I go find the MFR part number 9410, then I click on the second tab and it tells me that SB1010 is the speedbleeder part number that crosses.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I looked into these about 6 months ago.
I actually called up Russel Performance (Edelbrock) yesterday to find out why their application list only shows these bleeders for use on vehicles around 2006 and older. He said "I don't know." I said, "Well,... these should work on my 2015 Frontier, right?" He said "I don't know."
Then he says, "You can try to match your bleeder thread size up to one of ours and then try it out and see how it goes."
So as you can see, he wasn't helpful at all. And you would think a company owned by Edelbrock would have a little more product knowledge. And why on earth would they manufacture a product that isn't designed for use on vehicles made within the past 14 years? Or are they just too lazy to update their Application Guide? Who knows...
It looks like a pretty good idea, but I don't know if it's worth pulling my bleeders, measuring thread pitch, diameter, length, etc, and then trying to figure out which one of theirs might match.
So I actually ordered some off Amazon. Our brake bleeder valves are supposedly M10-1.0x33mm. I can confirm the M10 part as thats the wrench size I used to open them. I did not buy the Russel performance ones though as they don’t list the actual size. I bought the brand listed in the link below because it showed the size. I’ll update everyone if they work.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Our brake bleeder valves are supposedly M10-1.0x33mm. I can confirm the M10 part as thats the wrench size I used to open them.
Not sure this is correct. A M10 bolt will have the a 10mm diameter thread. It does not describe the hex head wrench size. M10 is BIG. Like uses a 17mm wrench big.

Most of the bolt on our truck that use a 10mm wrench are M6s.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not sure this is correct. A M10 bolt will have the a 10mm diameter thread. It does not describe the hex head wrench size. M10 is BIG. Like uses a 17mm wrench big.

Most of the bolt on our truck that use a 10mm wrench are M6s.

Huh. Yeah that does make sense. Didn't really think long enough on it. The reason I went with that size is because I swung by Oreilly and also looked at their website and it shows this:

Shows that it fits our truck and lists: Thread size: M10-1.0
Length: 33mm
Head diameter: 10mm

Odd that they list all that. I double checked another site and it says that part number fits our truck as well. Well, I guess I'll have to see when the speed bleeders get here.

Reactions: Nissan4Life

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Huh. Yeah that does make sense. Didn't really think long enough on it. The reason I went with that size is because I swung by Oreilly and also looked at their website and it shows this:

Shows that it fits our truck and lists: Thread size: M10-1.0
Length: 33mm
Head diameter: 10mm

Odd that they list all that. I double checked another site and it says that part number fits our truck as well. Well, I guess I'll have to see when the speed bleeders get here.
Probably the right ones, and the listed spec is wronge. I have never seen a bleeder that big on a car/truck before.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,099 Posts
i tred those type of speed bleeder valves on my wrangler. they kept letting air back in. maybe I was doing it wrong but I took them out and put back the normal ones

·
Registered
934 Posts
I purchased one of these cheapo ones from Napa Auto ....I laughed at the napa auto guy when he showed it to me in the store... but then I thought for 5 bucks I will try it.
It works great, I can bleed my brakes by myself, no helper needed.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
824 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts