Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new pair of Polk Audio SR6500's, Hate to get rid of em, but Im going all JL Audio,
these speakers are rated as good as MB Quart Q series, for anyone who knows audio...
You will need an amp to run them, they push 125 watts Rms, so you'll be hard pressed to feed them to much power. Go to Polks website to look at reviews, or just google them.
they are a 6.5 component with crossovers, all brand new unopened! They retail for 800.00, I am willing to negotiate heavily on the price. Looking to get 500.00. Please hit me up and give me your thoughts.....
Thankyou
Mzdasnd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would pictures help? Hard to believe theres no biidders...... This would be a serious score for anyone in the market for new speakers!

·
Banned
410 Posts
800 bucks for 2 speakers? since when does a speaker cost 400 bucks. most subs dont even cost 400 bucks.

and you wont need a amp to run them 125 watts isnt that much, most decks now days put out more than that. a good ave is 200 watts. i think my deck puts out 250 watts if i remember right, i switched decks to often i cant remember lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the risk of soudning like an ***, please do not reply to a post when you have no idea what you are talking about..... Your "deck" that supposly puts out 50x4, Really probably puts out 15x4, They give you peak power because it makes the product seem better, Anybody and everybody whos into car audio knows, that if you have a really high end pair of compnents, you must power them with an external amp. Incase you were not paying attention , I also said I would negotiate on the price, and that if you went to the store, they go for 800.00, google up some reviews, or go to a store that sells em, and demo them, you will imediatly know what I am talking ab out.. And if I dont sell them, I guess it wont hurt to put 2 pairs of components in my truck, I just figured that for the space, one pair would suit me jsut fine...
Any constructive critizism is ok, but please dont ruin a chance for someone to get a great pair of speakers at a great price...
Respectfully,
Mzdasnd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya know hes right, Most companys are bordering on false advertising with some of these claims of power comming from head units and small amps. Most of them list Peak power witch really has nouthing with how powerful an amp really is. What you need to look at is the RMS rating. That will more clearly tell you how strong an amp is. RMS stands for Root Mean Square or the square root of the arithmetic mean (average) of the square's set of values. Meaning, its the average output from you amp. You might be surprised by how much power your amp is REALLY running when you look at its RMS value. Belive me when I say that 125 RMS is ALOT of power, and that means a really big amp. The number that they usualy list on most amps is the Peak wattage. Peak wattage is just a spike of power, and most of the time you have to have an amazing current set up, with Farred caps, and very heavy gague wire to even come close to getting your amp to peak most claims. What I am getting at, most of these claims are un realistic. It would be like advertising a stock Civic HP to be 400. Sure it could be 400hp with an increadible amount of tuning, a turbo, and some NOS. Its more or less the same principal. MZDASND good luck on selling you speakers, if I had the money to spend on it I would. Its a really good buy.

Wane Tango

·
Registered
9 Posts
Frontin said:
800 bucks for 2 speakers? since when does a speaker cost 400 bucks. most subs dont even cost 400 bucks.

and you wont need a amp to run them 125 watts isnt that much, most decks now days put out more than that. a good ave is 200 watts. i think my deck puts out 250 watts if i remember right, i switched decks to often i cant remember lol.
LOLOLOLOL thats some funny s#!t!! Good luck gettin 500 for them, i Agree they are worth it (all i run is polk) thats alota green for a set of used components. Good luck man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts