Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not completely satisfied with the sound quality with the 6 disk changer system, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a whole new system. Can anyone recomend good quality replacements for the front door and rear king cab speakers? I's like to just change out those speakers and not mess with crossovers and such.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
183 Posts
As with most people and brand names, some people like Infinity and will swear by it, others like Alpine and will swear by it...

Your best bet is to go to your local car audio store and look and hear all the speakers they have... Remember though, whatever you get will only sound as good as your stock stereo will power it...

Most stock stereos are weak in power output, so a new Headunit is necessary...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Check out crutchfield.com, go under the car audio and find what fits the Frontier...

I bought the Alpine SPR-69LP (front) and the SPS-170A (rear)...

I bought them from etronics...much better deal there...becareful not to get speakers with too much depth...although I think the Frontier should be able to handle some pretty deep speakers in the front, back might be different...

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's not really worth it to change just the speakers. The stock system uses 2 ohm speakers while 99% of aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm. That means youre going to lose a lot of power, and cranking the volume to compensate will lead to distortion which will damage the speakers. At the very least you should put in a new amp designed for 4 ohm speakers, or change the head unit out as well to drive the speakers directly.

- Greg -

·
Registered
183 Posts
Even with a new head unit, Bass blockers will most likely need to be installed so the stock speakes don't blow. Those front 6x9s are only rated at 20 watts... A HU pushing 40-50w per channel is going to murder the stock speakers with the bass...

·
Registered
345 Posts
hmmm...i was kind of worried about the mismatch too...i still have my stock deck in...planning to change later...but i can run at around vol level 17, and it sounds pretty loud...stock deck seems to pushing out decent power...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts