Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the 6x9 mounting depth and the height they can stick out from the door?

The same for the 6.5" speakers in the rear doors of the King Cab.

I haven't found any good information on this, the Boston Acoustics and Kicker's I am considering are pretty deep.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like I'm answering part of my won question. For the fronts 3.014" of depth and .62" of mounting height clearance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Click the 3rd link in my siggie to see the pics from my speaker install.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crutchfield says 3.014" mounting depth in the front, can anyone confirm that there is in fact more than this???? People here seem to be putting in speakers that are deeper than that.

I want to put in either Kicker KS6930 or Boston Acoustics S953 speakers and am trying to confirm that either will fit in the 6x9 holes. I think I can shave some off the door panel grill to account for the stick out in that direction, but depth is a bigger problem.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Go on Crutchfield and get the depth measurements from Polk Audio db 651 6.5" speakers, because that's what I installed in the front and back doors, WITH a .5" MDF spacer and they still fit! So then you will have your answer!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go on Crutchfield and get the depth measurements from Polk Audio db 651 6.5" speakers, because that's what I installed in the front and back doors, WITH a .5" MDF spacer and they still fit! So then you will have your answer!
According to Polk, the DB651 is only a 2" mounting depth. So with your .5" spacer your at a depth of 1.5", which is well within the Crutchfield 3.014" specified clearance.

Has anyone successfully installed DB691 6x9 speakers? Those have a mounting depth of 3-3/16" which is more than crutchfield says is ok.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do some more searches for DB 691 in this forum. I think someone has a thread on them here.

I am going to say you shouldn't have any clearance issues with them, as you can use .5" MDF and still have clearance on top, just my opinion.

Search is our friend.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Brad (username XPBQN) has Polk 6x9s up front, his sig lists them.
Maybe PM him with your questions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts