Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to install the SPC UCA on my 2012 frontier this week sometime. I'm currently running radflo 2.0 coilovers. I am going to also install a 1/2" spacer as well. I was wondering if you had any recommendations on caster set up for my truck. Because these UCA are SO adjustable was hoping for some input on best initial set-up.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just grind the coil bucket down about 1/2 inch , then get the ball joint boot as close to the ground down coil bucket with out the ball joint boot touching. Anything but this your tires will look like a this \ / from the front.

Reactions: Frontier510

·
Registered
660 Posts
When I put mine on. I had the ballpoint pushed all the way in, in the slot. In “+1” position. Inner mounting bolts in. Ball joint unattached from spindle. Then pushed it down till it touched the coil bucket. Traced out a notch for the ball joint and went to town with a 4 1/2” grinder. I then double checked it. Hit with some paint, so the edge wouldn’t rust. Or at least slow it down. And away I went. It’s not hard. Don’t over think it. If it clears before you hook it up to the spindle, then you’ll have more room when you do attach it.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Yup, get friendly with your grinder. I have my spc set for 2 degrees casyer and slid all the way in for camber. LCA cam bolts tweaked it from there for 0 camber and all the caster.
Just triple check the clearance fit of the ball boot past the CB. Or you'll go through bj annually.... or make a mess monthly.

If you havent seen it yet, Brutal has a guide for setting the bolts to fit 33s also... so you set those then tweak the spc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts