1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from randy's ring and pinion posted on pirate4x4

***For immediate release***

Spartan Locker™ for Nissan Titans

Finally! Affordable traction for Nissan Titans! Spartan™ Lockers are now available for the Nissan Titan differential. The Spartan™ locker is a mechanical locker which installs into a standard carrier, replacing the open spider gears. The design of the Spartan™ locker makes it easier and quicker to install than other drop-in locker designs. Spartan lockers use high-Nickel 9310 Chrome-Moly drivers and couplers for added strength to provide affordable traction and easy installation. The traction solution for your Titan is finally here! Additional applications include D30, D44, D60, Toyota 8” 4 cylinder and Suzuki Samurai, with more applications on the way.

• Mechanical locking unit
• Installs into standard case
• Easier & quicker to install than other drop-in locker designs
• High-Nickel 9310 Chrome-Moly couplers & drivers for added strength
• Current applications include:
o Dana 30
o Dana 44
o Dana 60 35 spline
o Toyota 4 cylinder
o Suzuki Samurai

If you have questions, feel free to post a message, PM me, or shoot me an email at [email protected].

I have run one of the Spartans from Seattle to Moab for wheeling and back in my own JK.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
They say it installs in a standard carrier, does this mean it will not work on an e-locked diff that may have blown a spider?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Now can someone please convince them to make this locker for the M205!!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
there is a Titan owner that has already bought one and installed it.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow that was fast

and sandtoy , no way you want to run a mechanical locker on the front of a 2nd gen with IFS even sas its not a good idea

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
wow that was fast

and sandtoy , no way you want to run a mechanical locker on the front of a 2nd gen with IFS even sas its not a good idea
Why not, out of curiosity?

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
youll either be busting axle shafts or steering components

with a mechanical locker its pretty much engaged all the time , usually not engaged when goin straight

on a 2nd gen your front diff is contantly turning so even though your t-case is not engaged your locker will still be engaging when in 2wd
on a SAS you can atleast unlock the hubs and use a mechanical locker and be ok on the road but when you lock the hubs and start wheeling its very hard to turn
most guys that do run a mechanical locker have to get out of the truck , unlock a hub to turn then straighten out and lock the hub again

which is why i run an ARB selectable locker upfront

·
Registered
563 Posts
youll either be busting axle shafts or steering components

with a mechanical locker its pretty much engaged all the time , usually not engaged when goin straight

on a 2nd gen your front diff is contantly turning so even though your t-case is not engaged your locker will still be engaging when in 2wd
on a SAS you can atleast unlock the hubs and use a mechanical locker and be ok on the road but when you lock the hubs and start wheeling its very hard to turn
most guys that do run a mechanical locker have to get out of the truck , unlock a hub to turn then straighten out and lock the hub again

which is why i run an ARB selectable locker upfront
Gotcha. Makes sense.

I guess I have to keep hoping that somebody makes a helical gear-type or ARB finally follows through on the front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts