Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have searched and searched and cannot find any info anywhere about mounting the spere tire to the roof of my 2001 crew cab. I have the factory rack and can probably have something fabricated for lots of $$$. Any ideas?. Thanks:comphead:

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Maybe go one step further after getting a carrying basket& adding a lift mechanism. Like they have on the beds of Disabled peoples pickup trucks. To lift your tire up and down accordingly. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Is the truck lifted? If not you should be able to easily lift the tire that high if you stand in the bed..A 31 inch tire is not that heavy especially with aluminum rims.

I would just mount the tire in the bed or keep it in the stock location if you can. The tire on the roof will raise your center of gravity too much.

·
Registered
412 Posts
penski, how did you mount the spare tire on the side of the bed on the 02? Thats what I'm thinking about doing if its fairly easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I like the bed idea better. Where did that tire mount come from?. I like that better than the middle of the bed. Mine was mounted underneath, but the chain rusted , so I have to keep it in the bed.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
so your saying moneys not an option?

why not build a swing out tire carrier?

shiiizam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts