Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the four new tires I bought (265/75/R16 Wildpeaks), I want to add a fifth for the spare, but don't want to keep it under the bed. Looking for options on in bed carriers. Who has what?? Pics please...

Might custom fab something for a convertible horizontal to vertical. That way I can have it in either position depending on what I may need to load. Most of the time it will be flat between the fenders forward in the bed.

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Looking at the four new tires I bought (265/75/R16 Wildpeaks), I want to add a fifth for the spare, but don't want to keep it under the bed. Looking for options on in bed carriers. Who has what?? Pics please...

Might custom fab something for a convertible horizontal to vertical. That way I can have it in either position depending on what I may need to load. Most of the time it will be flat between the fenders forward in the bed.
Just curious how come you don't want to keep the spare in the stock location, where it doesn't take up cargo space?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fabtech used to make a pretty cool prerunner style spare carrier, don't know if they still do. N-Fab also makes a pretty cool prerunner style one. Those are just off the top of my head.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious how come you don't want to keep the spare in the stock location, where it doesn't take up cargo space?
I very rarely use the bed for anything other than a few groceries, so I thought the space under the bed would be better used for a small air system for future lockers, air horn, tire fill etc... If I build it right, the spare mount in the bed will be removable without tools in case I need to load the bed.

·
Gone but not forgotten Member
5,729 Posts
Probably not what you are looking for but this is what I built.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,035 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts