Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typically, in the case of a 2” spacer lift in front (I have daystar waiting to go in), how far out is the alignment after installing? Not sure when I’ll have a chance to get alignment done. Could be a week and a half or 2 weeks but I’d like to get the lift on. Thanks

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I put on a PRG 1.5x1 spacer lift. I haven't noticed any ill effects.

It helps to be very careful with the sway bar links and take your time.

As long as when you drive it, you don't feel any odd steering, and the truck tracks straight you will be fine for that time period. As long as you aren't driving 8795784257893248724367 miles. You might just get some odd tire wear until it is properly aligned.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have yet to need an alignment after a spacer lift. I always get it checked but not yet. When i put new UCA’s yes

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have yet to need an alignment after a spacer lift. I always get it checked but not yet. When i put new UCA’s yes
You took it in and it didnt need an alignment after the install? I needed one after my install. It just depends on how much you care about your tires. If i had a new set or expensive tires i would get it aligned asap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine was really bad when I installed my 2" spacer lift. I got mine within a day or 2 after, but my tires were already bad. You will need cam bolts if you don't already have them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You took it in and it didnt need an alignment after the install? I needed one after my install. It just depends on how much you care about your tires. If i had a new set or expensive tires i would get it aligned asap.
Like I said, I take it in and have it checked imediately following. Anytime I lift over 2” rather its a spacer or coilover, I install UCA’s too. I DO reccommend getting it checked, Im just saying that it hasnt been the case yet that i need one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill just wait until I can go the next morning and get it aligned. I’ll work on my hot rod Thursday instead kok

·
Premium Member
6,694 Posts
Typically, in the case of a 2” spacer lift in front (I have daystar waiting to go in), how far out is the alignment after installing? Not sure when I’ll have a chance to get alignment done. Could be a week and a half or 2 weeks but I’d like to get the lift on. Thanks
Even if it's a 1/2" spacer, anytime you do anything to the suspension that changes ride height, you should get an alignment. "Eyeballing" isn't accurate, doing the "it still goes straight" isn't accurate, and even if your camber "looks fine" I'll bet everytime (and win) that your toe adjustment is off. At first everything might look "fine" but before you know it - uneven tire wear in a month.

With regards to "how far out" it is, there is no correct answer to that. Each truck is different, some are aligned better than others from the factory, etc. so there's no set answer. That said, you could survive for a week or 2, just try not to drive heavy miles during that time, and get the alignment checked as soon as you can. OR BETTER YET plan for the spacer install and alignment when you have the time to do both, instead of doing the "I'm excited I have to install this now" thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts