Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Truck is 2003 CC 4x4 V6 auto XE with the 4.63.
Excuse the question if already covered, my truck is in the air at my mechanic and need help asap. Rear diff needs pinion bearing (might as well do the rebuild kit) and Ring and Pinion gear. Mechanic is getting stumped finding the correct ring and pinion and master rebuild kit. Mechanic says Titan options keep coming up and has been confusion finding correct parts with his normal drivetrain parts contacts. Good aftermarket solution for the ring and pinion?

Questions:
How to determine the correct ring and pinion set?
Master rebuild kit, bearings etc. Is it the same as Titan? Rockauto showing titan kit.
Aftermarket solutions for the ring and pinion set?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Try 4x4parts.com. They specialize in off-road Nissan parts and I know they do sell ring and pinions. Hopefully, they'll have what you are looking for!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Mechanic tried an aftermarket from the ruggedrocks but when it came in it was incorrect. As they have explored finding the part they have come across all kinds of confusing info like different R+P sets within the nissan model year. Frustrating. They say only option right now that is the exact correct part is the nissan. If anyone has more insight let me know.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks guys. Mechanic tried an aftermarket from the ruggedrocks but when it came in it was incorrect. As they have explored finding the part they have come across all kinds of confusing info like different R+P sets within the nissan model year. Frustrating. They say only option right now that is the exact correct part is the nissan. If anyone has more insight let me know.
WOW, Thanks for the update on that. Incredible

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The next question will be if the ring & pinion or a diff assembly are even still available for your truck. A lot of the 1st Gen parts are starting to become obsolete. You may want to consider getting a differential or even a whole axle assembly from a salvage yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts