Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the weekend installing a sound system (details in signature) in my 2016 CCLB and found the truck generally easy to work on. The one exception, and I don't know how many people still do this but I'm old school, is running new speaker wire from the amp through to all the doors.
The changes from the sticky are that I never found a Bluetooth module under the passenger seat and the USB connector doesn't work with either the Scosche or Metra adapters. This should be a generally available mini USB female to USB male.
I've never tried to keep any OEM function on my previous vehicles so this is somewhat new territory for me but Bluetooth seems to work fine on my Pioneer AVIC-6100NEX so I'll just leave it alone :)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the stickies (and the forums in general), I definitely appreciate the guidance. I truly couldn't be happier with the end result although my PAC SWI might need some professional help...:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jukebox, I really like them. Obviously speakers are very much personal taste, I used to work for Rockford Fosgate back in the day right about the time they sold off MB Quart to Maxxsonics. They let the employees buy the original MB Quart German made components for dirt cheap. I bought four sets at the time and my Titan that I just sold had the last of them.
I'm still tweaking the EQ a little but I definitely think the Morel's are worthy of consideration if you're looking for an SQ speaker that can handle 100 watts per channel.
The Memphis SA subwoofers are pretty impressive as well for shallow mount.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
nice job, I ran speaker wires to the doors and dash too, in our trucks you have to for the front if you're doing components since the OEM front dash/door speakers share the same wires

·
Registered
8 Posts
I spent the weekend installing a sound system (details in signature) in my 2016 CCLB and found the truck generally easy to work on. The one exception, and I don't know how many people still do this but I'm old school, is running new speaker wire from the amp through to all the doors.
The changes from the sticky are that I never found a Bluetooth module under the passenger seat and the USB connector doesn't work with either the Scosche or Metra adapters. This should be a generally available mini USB female to USB male.
I've never tried to keep any OEM function on my previous vehicles so this is somewhat new territory for me but Bluetooth seems to work fine on my Pioneer AVIC-6100NEX so I'll just leave it alone :)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the stickies (and the forums in general), I definitely appreciate the guidance. I truly couldn't be happier with the end result although my PAC SWI might need some professional help...:nerd:
Nice job! Love the subs!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts