Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought my first Japanese/American truck, an '03 CC LWB Frontier with 165k on it, and after reading through this site for a couple of days I feel comfortable asking a few questions. But they'll be on the 1st gen section so I won't be cross referencing. A lot of what I've read is based in common sense (RTFM), and there is some excellent shortcut info as well. I thank you all who chronicle what you do for the benefit of those who don't effing know what the hell they're doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And, It seems that I lucked out

By getting a first gen Frontier, most of the electrical problems seem to plague the 2nd gen trucks. But of course I just jinxed myself into oblivion.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
953 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your truck. IMHO the 1st-Gens are the better truck.

Loads of helpful information and members on the 1st-Gen forum.

First thing you should do is determine if your truck has had the timing belt job done. If there's no records of that having been done you need to do that asap.

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Nice to have you here. Plenty of knowledgeable and friendly folks here as well as informative and insightful discussion threads. If you ever have any questions, there's definitely a great team of owners and vendors that are happy to help.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, folks. I plan on doing the timing belt very soon, can't find any paper work on when it was done. A little nerve wracking not knowing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts