Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Nice shots Nat. The desert water mirage pic even turned out pretty good!

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Those pics are amazing. Goodjob Nat

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Looking good Nat. I was bored so I played with one of your images in photoshop, hope you don't mind:) I just changed up the levels a bit and added a splash of color.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't mind at all :) Looks good! Definitely pops a lot more than mine.

On the ones I posted, I played with the color settings a bit from the originals that came straight off the camera. I brought out the blue in the sky a bit as it was mostly gray that day, brought out a bit of green and some red for the dirt/rocks. Did the a 10% increase in the shadows and played with the exposure/gamma settings just barely.

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
try shooting some stuff in raw next time you are going to do something like this so you can open them in photoshop raw convert and get more out of the image. it's really easy, just move the sliders till you have it where it looks good. i do 90% of my editing in raw convert now

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
well yes and no, nothing changes when switching to raw except that your file size will go up because of the way raw works. in return you will get more detail in your shadows and highlights so when you adjust those (black level, fill light and recovery in raw convert) it won't look as gray usually. also adjusting the black level will really help with saturation and helping colors pop. for my shoot with the red nissans i was pushing my black level up to +30 and +40 for most shots. really made the reds pop out and give the picture more contrast (see: pop)

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
wow, great shots, it makes me miss the arizona desert more and more..... Dam you lol.... im gonna have to make a trip out there after my truck is fixed....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts