21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Grille

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

I haven’t had any of those issues, but have had some electrical glitches. Mainly USB ports not wking without having to restart car. Also screen on entertainment system has gone black on me. With that issue I just switched from CarPlay to radio and back and situation cleared itself. Hoping theses are just small bugs in the matrix. Overall I love this truck. It’s not my Dodge Challenger RT but it’s comfortable and just speedy enough to keep me out of trouble. Can’t wait to do a lift on it. It’s my first truck and aside from the inconvenience of not having a truck I’m sold.

·
Registered
80 Posts
View attachment 339361
View attachment 339364
View attachment 339363
View attachment 339362
I haven’t had any of those issues, but have had some electrical glitches. Mainly USB ports not wking without having to restart car. Also screen on entertainment system has gone black on me. With that issue I just switched from CarPlay to radio and back and situation cleared itself. Hoping theses are just small bugs in the matrix. Overall I love this truck. It’s not my Dodge Challenger RT but it’s comfortable and just speedy enough to keep me out of trouble. Can’t wait to do a lift on it. It’s my first truck and aside from the inconvenience of not having a truck I’m sold.
Does the screen go black by chance when the car is wet or when it's wet outside in general, humid even?

Nissan is somewhat notorious for poor grounding on their infotainment systems. When I first got my RS it happened several times, more often when wet, before I went in and tightened the ground up. Hasn't happened since.

Granted that was 6 years ago....but Nissan is still Nissan. May be worth considering.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro 4X Tactical Green Metallic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have the seatbelt clicking noise. If I sit at a light its even worse. When I breathe in and my chest expands (belt kinda tightens) it vibrates more. I may just try to loosen the bolt and re tighten to see what happens.
Did you ever have success stopping the clicking? Dealer told me Nissan is aware and working on a fix.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My 2022 Pro4X does the same stuff that everyone in the thread has mentioned. So I can confirm it's all "normal" for the truck.

The seatbelt one is an easy fix. The bolt that holds the seatbelt latch arm is not seated completely flush against the body of the seat rail. There is a washer in there that rattles around. You can silence it manually by pulling the latch part towards your body while driving.

Solution is to stuff something in there so the washer doesn't rattle. Can be anything really but adhesive felt probably works best, that's what I did. That's exactly what Nissan will do with the TSB too so might as well do it yourself now.

Also feels weird to be back at this forum. Haven't had my '08 Nismo Frontier in a long time as I traded it in in 2015 for a 2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD. Traded my 2012 Xterra in for the 2022 Frontier. Kept the Nismo RS of course, because it's amazing.

Looking forward to the upcoming Nismo accessories for the Frontier. Already have the Rebele Rally Nismo rims on KO2's as I felt the "beadwork style" wheels were tacky, and the stock tires were awful. Nissan should have put these rims and wheels on the Pro4x out of the gate IMO. Really want that Nismo exhaust for it to release soon.
The seatbelt is driving me crazy. Yours was clicking and it was the washer doing it? Did you loosen or tighten anything to fix it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I took mine in for it the other day and they wanted to try some White lithium grease on the roller, it didnt do anything, my service advisor is working with the field engineer for the next step. Here is a video of the noise. And now its doing it without the truck even moving or with the engine on. Its so annoying. IMG_1705

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I took mine in for it the other day and they wanted to try some White lithium grease on the roller, it didnt do anything, my service advisor is working with the field engineer for the next step. Here is a video of the noise. And now its doing it without the truck even moving or with the engine on. Its so annoying. IMG_1705
That is the exact noise mine makes! It’s obnoxious but it doesn’t do it all the time. Please keep me updated on any progress and I’ll be sure to do the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is what my nissan service advisor has sent me regarding the seatbelt issue after I asked him for an update.

"We did get a response back from the Nissan Quality Person. Gene was able to show one of them the condition and the other one received both of yours videos by text. New Frontiers were found to be same as yours for this condition. The Nissan Quality Person stated that he had forwarded all information concerning this condition “to the powers that be”. There is no immediately available time frame for a design change or other plan for this condition. At the dealership level we have taken your concern to the highest level possible at this time"

gene is the tech that has been working on my truck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
This is what my nissan service advisor has sent me regarding the seatbelt issue after I asked him for an update.

"We did get a response back from the Nissan Quality Person. Gene was able to show one of them the condition and the other one received both of yours videos by text. New Frontiers were found to be same as yours for this condition. The Nissan Quality Person stated that he had forwarded all information concerning this condition “to the powers that be”. There is no immediately available time frame for a design change or other plan for this condition. At the dealership level we have taken your concern to the highest level possible at this time"

gene is the tech that has been working on my truck
Thats basically what I was told the first week of October when I noticed the clicking a few days after picking up my new frontier. At this point I’m about ready to see if they’ll just replace the entire driver side seatbelt and buckle if I pay out of pocket. I can’t listen to this for the next 6 months while they try to figure out the cheapest fix possible.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats basically what I was told the first week of October when I noticed the clicking a few days after picking up my new frontier. At this point I’m about ready to see if they’ll just replace the entire driver side seatbelt and buckle if I pay out of pocket. I can’t listen to this for the next 6 months while they try to figure out the cheapest fix possible.
I would be mindful of doing that. I think someone else already had their's replaced and they said the noise was even worse. And from what my service advisor said the tech that worked on my truck said that he compared my seatbelt to a brand new frontier and it was doing the same thing. So I guess what im saying is, if you pay for another one you might end up with the same issue. Tech seems to think its coming from the roller on the seatbelt, not from the base where others have stated. Im not really sure but if I touch the roller I can reproduce that clicking noise by hand. I just wouldnt waste money on another if its the same design. If you look at the passenger seat belt it doesnt have that roller Im referring to. Its behind the piece that snaps in to the actual base (behind the plastic) only has it on the drivers side.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I would be mindful of doing that. I think someone else already had their's replaced and they said the noise was even worse. And from what my service advisor said the tech that worked on my truck said that he compared my seatbelt to a brand new frontier and it was doing the same thing. So I guess what im saying is, if you pay for another one you might end up with the same issue. Tech seems to think its coming from the roller on the seatbelt, not from the base where others have stated. Im not really sure but if I touch the roller I can reproduce that clicking noise by hand. I just wouldnt waste money on another if its the same design. If you look at the passenger seat belt it doesnt have that roller Im referring to. Its behind the piece that snaps in to the actual base (behind the plastic) only has it on the drivers side.
Yeah that’s good advice on the replacement. At least it’s not just ours I guess. I thought it was the roller at first too, but I secured the roller so it couldn’t move or make that clicking sound anymore, and the base still clicks. What’s even worse is I think the back passenger side seatbelt base is now clicking in colder weather and it’s not even clicked in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some rattling sound rear passenger side, inside. Almost like it's in the door. Happens when audio and fans are off. Super annoying when quiet. Might take door panel off. Could be speaker popping. Though I never had it over 15.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Some rattling sound rear passenger side, inside. Almost like it's in the door. Happens when audio and fans are off. Super annoying when quiet. Might take door panel off. Could be speaker popping. Though I never had it over 15.
Yeah I’m not sure what the sound I’m hearing is, at first I thought it could have been little pops from the speaker but then I noticed I only hear it when in motion. The sound I’m hearing in mine almost sounds like the leather seat in back is somehow slightly rubbing as I drive making a little “pop” sound. Please keep me posted on your sound, maybe it’s the same source

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah that’s good advice on the replacement. At least it’s not just ours I guess. I thought it was the roller at first too, but I secured the roller so it couldn’t move or make that clicking sound anymore, and the base still clicks. What’s even worse is I think the back passenger side seatbelt base is now clicking in colder weather and it’s not even clicked in.
Just saw this, pretty sure they are talking about the rear seatbelt not the front though :(

• Subject: CP 2022 Frontier; Driver Side Rear Seat Belt Buckle Bracket Bolt Inspection
    Summary of NTB21112:
    INTRODUCTION
    Nissan is conducting this voluntary safety recall campaign, on certain specific model year 2022 Frontier vehicles, to inspect the driver (LH) side rear seat belt buckle bracket bolts. This service will be performed at no charge to the customer for parts or labor.
    IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
    Nissan has assigned identification number PC856 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communication and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign.
    Please see this bulletin for further details.
    Alternate Keyword Search: NTB21-112, NTB21112

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just saw this, pretty sure they are talking about the rear seatbelt not the front though :(

• Subject: CP 2022 Frontier; Driver Side Rear Seat Belt Buckle Bracket Bolt Inspection
    Summary of NTB21112:
    INTRODUCTION
    Nissan is conducting this voluntary safety recall campaign, on certain specific model year 2022 Frontier vehicles, to inspect the driver (LH) side rear seat belt buckle bracket bolts. This service will be performed at no charge to the customer for parts or labor.
    IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
    Nissan has assigned identification number PC856 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communication and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign.
    Please see this bulletin for further details.
    Alternate Keyword Search: NTB21-112, NTB21112
Thanks for posting this. I actually called the dealership earlier today to tell them I’m hearing it in the back now too. Seems to be from the connection point on the pillar on both sides. Like little plastic popping sounds. Noisiest cab I’ve ever experienced, it’s getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I actually called the dealership earlier today to tell them I’m hearing it in the back now too. Seems to be from the connection point on the pillar on both sides. Like little plastic popping sounds. Noisiest cab I’ve ever experienced, it’s getting ridiculous.
Dont even get me started on the cab noise. If its not the seatbelt rattling its my dash, I have a rattle coming from the speedometer area. And you know what, I have climbed underneath the drivers side dash to look for anything loose, and so far have found 2 bolts not tightened all the way, one of them was the bracket that the steering wheel goes into through the firewall, the bolt was completely loose. I have taken it to Nissan 3 times for the dash rattle, the first 2 rattles have been fixed. The passengers air bag under the dash had a bolt loose and then the shifter srs bracket inside was loose (this was due to improper installation when I had the shifter replaced) needless to say im not impressed with the sound quality of the inside of the cab. I havent even been able to enjoy my truck yet because of this noise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Dont even get me started on the cab noise. If its not the seatbelt rattling its my dash, I have a rattle coming from the speedometer area. And you know what, I have climbed underneath the drivers side dash to look for anything loose, and so far have found 2 bolts not tightened all the way, one of them was the bracket that the steering wheel goes into through the firewall, the bolt was completely loose. I have taken it to Nissan 3 times for the dash rattle, the first 2 rattles have been fixed. The passengers air bag under the dash had a bolt loose and then the shifter srs bracket inside was loose (this was due to improper installation when I had the shifter replaced) needless to say im not impressed with the sound quality of the inside of the cab. I havent even been able to enjoy my truck yet because of this noise.
I feel for you, I’m right there with you. I looked forward to this truck since it was first announced. Watched all the reviews. “Incredibly quiet cab” etc etc. Not so much!

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
311 Posts
My uncle's brother-in-law's cousin got a 22 and he says there are noises across the cabin, especially when running the heat or AC at full blast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just joined this form as I get my '22 some time this week after ordering 4 months ago. Noises in cabins drive me nuts and now I will be super sensitive from the first time I turn it on to all the noises... Thanks everyone... ;) I have a strange feeling my dealer is not going to like me to much the first 3 months as I bet I bring it back weekly to tighten bolts, fix seat belts, tight up the steering (that one scared me), and lets reseal the back window.. Maybe I should just drive it around the block and bring it back to start the process. Lets hope I at least get home before I pull my hair out... Good thing I cut it short...

All this and I am still can't wait to get the truck... Nissan #6 I have owned... and #3 I currently own.. Apparently I like their brand...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Man those guys down at Canton Miss need to slow down lol. Maybe Nissan needs to incorporate more robotics or something. Or pay more. I know the pay is crap down in the south. That's why they like to manufacture in those states. But its does not sound like they are anywhere near Toyota's quality of assembly. Even my 19 P4X had a fuel pump not bolted down and it was banging on the fuel tank. Also the airbag had to be redone in the steering wheel. There were rattles coming from that as well. But the dealer got both of those items fixed without a sweat. The truck has been rattle free ever since. I expect these issues might be hit and miss and possibly early QC issues that will probably get better over time. Because I'm sure the warranty work will eventually get back to the oem that the line needs straightening out lol.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts