Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro 4X Tactical Green Metallic
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2022 is great and I’m obsessed with it, but I’ve noticed a few small things. I’m wondering if it’s just me?

1. The seatbelt base will click randomly while I’m driving. Not even on bumpy surfaces.

Video:
2. The brakes sometimes have an “airy” sound to the hydro boost when brakes are applied.

Video:
(Also first start up every morning the brake makes a mechanical noise and pushes back against my foot)
3. Apple CarPlay will make crackling sounds sometimes when music and navigation are running at the same time (normal infotainment Bluetooth is crystal clear).

·
Super Moderator
11,895 Posts
My 2022 is great and I’m obsessed with it, but I’ve noticed a few small things. I’m wondering if it’s just me?

1. The seatbelt base will click randomly while I’m driving. Not even on bumpy surfaces.
2. The brakes sometimes have an “airy” sound to the hydro boost when brakes are applied.
3. Apple CarPlay will make crackling sounds sometimes when music and navigation are running at the same time (normal infotainment Bluetooth is crystal clear).
Welcome to the forum, since there aren’t many 2022 owners here just yet you may need to wait a little bit to see if anyone else has noticed these concerns.
I think they are a good looking truck from all I’ve seen.
Enjoy it and your time here.
Does #2 make a hissing sound as you press the pedal? Some of my vehicles did it and others did not.

Clint

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum, since there aren’t many 2022 owners here just yet you may need to wait a little bit to see if anyone else has noticed these concerns.
I think they are a good looking truck from all I’ve seen.
Enjoy it and your time here.
Does #2 make a hissing sound as you press the pedal? Some of my vehicles did it and others did not.

Clint
Thanks Clint. Yes it makes it as I press the pedal, even in park. Sound goes away in about 2 seconds but sounds like a slight hiss.

·
Registered
2020 SV, Silver
324 Posts
That seat belt base click may well be what I hear on my '20. It wouldn't surprise me if they re-purposed parts from earlier model years. They click has always had me puzzled as to where it comes from, never bothered to track it down. Seems to be when I'm turning.

·
Super Moderator
11,895 Posts
Just to eliminate a potential issue, if your cargo light is in the on position while driving once the newer Nissan trucks get going the relay clicks and the light turns off and then back on when under a few miles an hour.
Some owners used to turn it on to see their load in the bed but annoy drivers behind them so now Nissan changed it to turn itself off.
Any chance your light is in the on position? It keeps clicking and makes a driver wonder what’s wrong.

Clint

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
859 Posts
2. Most likely the ABS self-test. My Xterra does it around 13ish MPH.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That seat belt base click may well be what I hear on my '20. It wouldn't surprise me if they re-purposed parts from earlier model years. They click has always had me puzzled as to where it comes from, never bothered to track it down. Seems to be when I'm turning.
Yes it’s a weird almost “fingernail clipper” like sound that slightly clicks when weight is shifted.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Just to eliminate a potential issue, if your cargo light is in the on position while driving once the newer Nissan trucks get going the relay clicks and the light turns of and then back on when under a few miles an hour.
some used to turn it on to see their load in the bed but annoy drivers behind them so now Nissan changed it to turn itself off.
Any chance your light is in the on position?

Clint
Thank you for mentioning this, unfortunately it’s definitely the seatbelt base doing it. I have a video of both the seatbelt and the brake sound that I have updated and linked to in post description

·
Super Moderator
11,895 Posts
Thank you for mentioning this, unfortunately it’s definitely the seatbelt base doing it. I have a video of both the seatbelt and the brake sound that I will link
You can either loosen and retorque the bolts or have the dealer do it. Some people have had noises in other vehicles due to the parts being stressed so unloading the stress can change things. My last Titan the seat creaked if you moved the base and only in cold weather.

Clint

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can confirm the "airy brakes" but they do stop better than my old 18 Tacoma. My issues with the truck are more from alignment outside, there's multiple panels that have some gaps and look sideways.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I don't hear that sound on my brakes but I do feel the pedal "airy" after using the brakes a few times. First few times of use in the day, they feel normal! It doesn't bother me though. I figure it's normal!
No clicking seatbelt sound on mine!
What i have noticed on the seatbelt is that I always try to press the wrong part to release it. The button is on the lower end of the assembly, very close to where it latches.
The only thing that I've found weird on my truck is the downshift to first when stopping. It feels like it comes late and it gives the truck a slight tug forward right when you've come to a complete stop.
Anyone else feel this?

Also, don't know if it's just mine, but the lock/unlock button only lights up the "lock" side. The "unlock" is either purposely not lighted or it has a burned out bulb?
I've attached a picture with an arrow pointing to where it has no light!
Anyone else?

Sleeve Gesture Art Font Electric blue

·
Registered
164 Posts
What i have noticed on the seatbelt is that I always try to press the wrong part to release it. The button is on the lower end of the assembly, very close to where it latches.
Lol, I thought I was the only one! Every. Single. Time. Push button, nothing happens, look down, dammit I did it again!!

The only thing that I've found weird on my truck is the downshift to first when stopping. It feels like it comes late and it gives the truck a slight tug forward right when you've come to a complete stop.
Anyone else feel this?
I haven't notice that but I'll be watching for it now, will post back if there's any update.

Also, don't know if it's just mine, but the lock/unlock button only lights up the "lock" side. The "unlock" is either purposely not lighted or it has a burned out bulb?
I've attached a picture with an arrow pointing to where it has no light!
Anyone else?
I noticed this the other day. Seems odd but I think it's designed that way for some weird reason.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the seatbelt clicking noise. If I sit at a light its even worse. When I breathe in and my chest expands (belt kinda tightens) it vibrates more. I may just try to loosen the bolt and re tighten to see what happens.

·
Registered
408 Posts
someone else mentioned an issue with seatbelt clicking and dealer told him it was a known issue. may be a TSB for it soon? I don't have any clicking though

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 2022 Pro4X does the same stuff that everyone in the thread has mentioned. So I can confirm it's all "normal" for the truck.

The seatbelt one is an easy fix. The bolt that holds the seatbelt latch arm is not seated completely flush against the body of the seat rail. There is a washer in there that rattles around. You can silence it manually by pulling the latch part towards your body while driving.

Solution is to stuff something in there so the washer doesn't rattle. Can be anything really but adhesive felt probably works best, that's what I did. That's exactly what Nissan will do with the TSB too so might as well do it yourself now.

Also feels weird to be back at this forum. Haven't had my '08 Nismo Frontier in a long time as I traded it in in 2015 for a 2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD. Traded my 2012 Xterra in for the 2022 Frontier. Kept the Nismo RS of course, because it's amazing.

Looking forward to the upcoming Nismo accessories for the Frontier. Already have the Rebele Rally Nismo rims on KO2's as I felt the "beadwork style" wheels were tacky, and the stock tires were awful. Nissan should have put these rims and wheels on the Pro4x out of the gate IMO. Really want that Nismo exhaust for it to release soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the seatbelt clicking noise. If I sit at a light its even worse. When I breathe in and my chest expands (belt kinda tightens) it vibrates more. I may just try to loosen the bolt and re tighten to see what happens.
I wouldn't mess with the bolt. It has a mark indicating factory alignment and if you tighten it it could come back to bite you in the *** later with warranty work or in the event of some sort of SRS failure resulting in injury. They won't touch anything they deem a modified SRS system nor will they honor it in the event of (highly unlikely) failure.

Just stick some felt in there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't mess with the bolt. It has a mark indicating factory alignment and if you tighten it it could come back to bite you in the *** later with warranty work or in the event of some sort of SRS failure resulting in injury. They won't touch anything they deem a modified SRS system nor will they honor it in the event of (highly unlikely) failure.

Just stick some felt in there.
I will keep that in mind,. I just read your post and will try it when I get home. Are you talking about the bolt that when you directly down its sitting between the seat and bottom of the center console plastic.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Video:

Video:
(Also first start up every morning the brake makes a mechanical noise and pushes back against my foot)
No noticed the seatbelt or the airy sound but I do noticed the morning brake “check”. Every morning or if it’s been sitting for a while. I think it might be like a abs/brake self check but don’t really know.

Today drove for two hours with apple CarPlay using music and navigation and definitely heard the cracking sound. Will be hard to replicate/show dealership but I’ll be keeping and ear out for it. I did have another issue with CarPlay where it all of the sudden stopped responding. The scream wouldn’t respond or anything. Pulled the cable and the screened worked like normal with Nissan interface. Connected the cable back up and CarPlay was still frozen. After having lunch CarPlay worked fine. Then it happened again later in the day but this time after unplugging and plugging again it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts