Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my nightmare of attempted install yesterday for the VOLANT CAI (which didnt fit properly in my engine compartment) i am selling it to someone i work with and am looking at the INJEN #PF1959P

i cannot find whether this will fit my '10

any body have an '09 out there that has this & does it fit ?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I know you are asking about the INJEN but do you have any pics of the Volant in your engine compartment? I am curious to where the fitment issues were.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The injen for 05+ should fit fine. I have read a few times that the end of the injen doesn't fit the hole in the inner fender perfect, but they all love the intake

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I know you are asking about the INJEN but do you have any pics of the Volant in your engine compartment? I am curious to where the fitment issues were.
x2

I had minor fitment issues with my Volant but nothing that I would complain about.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i have the injen, u should not have any fitment issues with it

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Well, it's wasn't just the horn-relocation, I knew all about that before I ever bought it and didn't consider that an issue. One of the screw holes didn't line up (a drill fixed that) and the screws for the MAF sensor were a little to long (a few washers fixed that). I also don't run the scoop because there is a metal cylinder (my dad said it was a condenser?) thing right where the scoop would have gone. Like I said, nothing major, just little things that were easily taken care of.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
it all started with the horn issue - what a b*tch to get to (didnt have a extention long enough) then once i finally got it removed & the Volant airbox to where it SHOULD be the pump behind the box was holding it out - it actualy sat @ 1" OVER the fender

i have read that they can be a pain to install but was at the point of frustration & bleeding hands and just said F it :smileyshell:

will admit though, being my first attempt at an install, i was surprised how straight forward removeing the factory intake was, just had to cut a few wire ties !

·
Registered
693 Posts
Dont see why the injen wouldnt fit. The box is a bit smaller then the volant box too. Both great intakes!

·
Registered
250 Posts
You do realize that the official fitting Volant for the 2009-2010 model is not yet available, right? Yes, I realize that some users out here said they were able to use the 12640 model (at least I read one post where someone said they used the 12640 model on their '09 -- have yet to see a similar post for a 2010), which specifications are for 2005-2008 Frontier 4.0L. The model for the 2009-2010 model is Part 12540, and according to email I received from Volant this morning, it is now available. I did call AutoAnything, who in turn called Volant, and said it isn't quite available - YET, but it should be sometime soon.

For reference:

Volant CAI Kit for 2009-2010 Nissan Frontier 4.0L:

Part 12540 - Wet Filter
Part 125406 - Dry Filter

Rick

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i did not know that until you just told me !

but i did receive confirmation from Injen that the one i bought off Amazon WILL fit my '10

depending on the weather here, i plan on installing that on Saturday

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hear ya... I'm just waiting on AutoEverything and Volant to get their act together and have the 12540 available, and then I will be ordering it for my '10 as well.. Volant says yes.. I email AutoEverything -- they check with Volant and tell them yes they can order.. AA emails me back, says 'Call up and speak with our sales tech, they can order for you' -- I call AA, the guy is like 'I dont think so, but hold on' -- he gets on the phone with Volant, Volant tells them its not available. I email my contact back at Volant -- he says 'I just checked, it is available'

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
The Injen will fit a 2010. I Installed the wrinkle black one this weekend.
A little more power. I don't hear it until after 3K RPM. Rattles just off idle sometimes.
I don't care for the single rubber isolator mount either. Be sure to clean the intake pipe, mine had metal shavings in it from manufacture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
it all started with the horn issue - what a b*tch to get to (didnt have a extention long enough) then once i finally got it removed & the Volant airbox to where it SHOULD be the pump behind the box was holding it out - it actualy sat @ 1" OVER the fender

i have read that they can be a pain to install but was at the point of frustration & bleeding hands and just said F it :smileyshell:

will admit though, being my first attempt at an install, i was surprised how straight forward removeing the factory intake was, just had to cut a few wire ties !
If you would have bought my tools..... you would of had everything needed to install this intake, or do exhaust, or install cams, or do a V8 swap, Titan suspension swap, CV joint replacement, or just about anything else you could do to your truck....... Just saying! :)

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f13/snap-tools-cheap-parting-out-all-tools-58612/

·
Registered
503 Posts
You do realize that the official fitting Volant for the 2009-2010 model is not yet available, right? Yes, I realize that some users out here said they were able to use the 12640 model (at least I read one post where someone said they used the 12640 model on their '09 -- have yet to see a similar post for a 2010), which specifications are for 2005-2008 Frontier 4.0L. The model for the 2009-2010 model is Part 12540, and according to email I received from Volant this morning, it is now available. I did call AutoAnything, who in turn called Volant, and said it isn't quite available - YET, but it should be sometime soon.

For reference:

Volant CAI Kit for 2009-2010 Nissan Frontier 4.0L:

Part 12540 - Wet Filter
Part 125406 - Dry Filter

Rick

you didn't happen to get a price on it did you?

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Disregard This Post

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
What is the advantages/disadvantages of the wet/dry filter?
Wet requires cleaning/oiling every 5k or so.

Dry (powerflow) can cause too much flow and throws a CEL.

Most that have the Wet have choosen to replace it with an AEM/Amsoil/etc... dryflow.

The ones with Powerflow are still fighting issues and I am unsure if a final solution across the board has been found besides getting a programmer or something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wet requires cleaning/oiling every 5k or so.

Dry (powerflow) can cause too much flow and throws a CEL.

Most that have the Wet have choosen to replace it with an AEM/Amsoil/etc... dryflow.

The ones with Powerflow are still fighting issues and I am unsure if a final solution across the board has been found besides getting a programmer or something.
thanks...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts