Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn if you were closer!
Take a drive, you'll love Boston::smile::
I know, it is so hard to find these smaller campers. I was looking for a FWC and there were many on the West Coast, but none here. I finally bought a new one from a dealer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice! I'm happy to se that you are upgrading, and not getting rid of the camper so quickly. Are you going self contained?pop-up, or hard walled?

I'm pretty excited to get out in mine again. Looks like the weekend of April 21st, as long as the weather is decent on the Cape.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
got pictures of the new one, I would love to see

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I'm happy to se that you are upgrading, and not getting rid of the camper so quickly. Are you going self contained?pop-up, or hard walled?

I'm pretty excited to get out in mine again. Looks like the weekend of April 21st, as long as the weather is decent on the Cape.
No pictures yet, have to wait about 3 more weeks. We bought a FWC Fleet Shell, a simple Google will bring it up. We have a long trip out west planned, we really wanted something lighter and off road capable. I may attempt to install a cassette down the road for use at the National Seashore, not sure if it will fit.
Did you camp this winter at all? We did a night on the Kanc near Lincoln Woods and then a week at Disney over February break.

·
Registered
313 Posts
We haven't been out since October. I tried to find a place in New Hampshire for our anniversary in December. Looks like the campground season in the northeast ends November 1st.

As you know from experience. We're pretty excited to get out again.

I seriously considered 4wd camper, and Phoenix camper also.(if I remember correctly) I fell in love with one of the two' flatbed style, with an aluminum bed that the camper locks into. It uses cams of one kind or another. It is amazing what they can do with the extra space that's taken up by the wheel wells The price with the bed was north of $30k. This put it well out of our budget.

GLWS.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We haven't been out since October. I tried to find a place in New Hampshire for our anniversary in December. Looks like the campground season in the northeast ends November 1st.

As you know from experience. We're pretty excited to get out again.

I seriously considered 4wd camper, and Phoenix camper also.(if I remember correctly) I fell in love with one of the two' flatbed style, with an aluminum bed that the camper locks into. It uses cams of one kind or another. It is amazing what they can do with the extra space that's taken up by the wheel wells The price with the bed was north of $30k. This put it well out of our budget.

GLWS.
Yes, they are not cheap, we bought a stripped version, just a shell with bed. Our main reason for FWC was the weight and off road ability. Our Palomino is much bigger and nicer, but won't be able to handle the trip we have planned.
FYI: The campground at Gunstock is open all winter with electricity and bathrooms!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts