Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have my 06 Pathfinder 4x4 of course but I wanted a boat. The Frontier sold in about 5 days. I had to go to Japan for a few weeks and found this boat the day after I got back. Since moving to such a small town I didn't really need a second car anymore. Whichever one I didn't drive to work just sat in the driveway so I decided I wanted a boat and sold the Frontier to make it happen. The Pathfinder is a better family vehicle for the 3 kids and a dog. I sold the frontier to a guy on the other side of the neigborhood. I kept the LE wheels and BFG mud terrains that I got in February. They look pretty good on the Pathfinder. The boat is a 1999 Bayliner 195 cuddy cabin. I got it cheap and it's in great shape. Took it out for the first time today. I was a bit nervouse as I've never owned a boat before but it ran great. I'll be getting some crab pots and downriggers soon for the salmon and dungeness crab. I thought there was a ton of stuff you could get for trucks. It's amazing how much junk you can buy for a boat!
Here's a picture of a camping trip to Baker Lake in May. Obviously before I got the boat. You can only go so far in a canoe.

This one uploaded to photobucket sideways for some reason and I can't download adobe flash player 9 for some reason. So here it is anyway.

Here's the boat

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
first pic is deceiving as it's visible while reading your text. All i saw was a canoe constantly referred to as a boat... :laugh:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
first pic is deceiving as it's visible while reading your text. All i saw was a canoe constantly referred to as a boat... :laugh:
X2 I read this-

The boat is a 1999 Bayliner 195 cuddy cabin. I got it cheap and it's in great shape. Took it out for the first time today. I was a bit nervouse as I've never owned a boat before but it ran great. I'll be getting some crab pots and downriggers soon for the salmon and dungeness crab. I thought there was a ton of stuff you could get for trucks.
And I thought "that isn't a boat and it won't haul all that stuff" LOL:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I started making the thread and realized I didn't really have any recent pics of the pathfinder and it's to dark to get one so I improvized. Gotta love that 130hp canoe!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Enjoy it man! I've been thinking about a boat myself lately. Make sure you read up on proper maintenance, boats have a lot of small details to maintain that ensure never having any issues.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Yeah I started making the thread and realized I didn't really have any recent pics of the pathfinder and it's to dark to get one so I improvized. Gotta love that 130hp canoe!
That would be a crazy ride!

Nice looking boat and Pathfinder.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A quote from my grandfather:
"Boats are a hole in the water to throw money into!"
And from my brother:
"The secret to life is to not own nice things. The trick is to know people who own nice things and help them enjoy their toys."
haha congrats on the boat. The kids look happy, which is the important thing.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
boat, LOL. nothing more than a hole in the water in which to through your money. i fell ya though. i live on the Chesapeake bay, so i have the bay on one side and the Atlantic on the other. its hard not having a boat anymore. i may get another once the kids get a little older and we get our house strait. i miss going out on the islands and going out fishing. nice boat BTW.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You know what they say about owning a boat, right?

The two best days in a boat owners life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it.

Haha, congrats, and I hope you and the family have a lot of fun with it.

Now post some pics of the Pathfinder with the SE wheels! I think I'd really like the looks of that.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Dang you Type_RS . . . beat me to it!

Anyway, enjoy the boat, they can be a lot of fun.
I'm sure the kids think it's great.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nice! I'm going to be in the market for one soon hopefully.

X3 on the canoe. I was like, "You sold your Fonti and bought a F#@*%G CANOE!?!?!?!"

·
Registered
944 Posts
PATRICK!!!

/threadjack

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know what they say about owning a boat, right?

The two best days in a boat owners life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it.
LOL, Yeah I had heard that. That's why I got a cheap one so I wouldn't be shelling out a ton of money every month to own it. It came with the FSM's for the mercruiser 4 cyclinder and the alpha-1 outdrive. You can tell the guy that I bought it from took good care of it. It had been sitting for awhile because the guy is doing an unaccompanied tour in Baharain. A buddy of mine got a similar size cuddy cabin and paid $30 grand for it brand new. I got mine for $6k. It should be fun to use around here in the puget sound though. I'm dying to catch some salmon!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Boat, I was looking at the scenery behind the Pathy...NICE

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice Boat nieghbor! Oak Harbor is my hometown! You need to take a fellow nissan owner out fishing when i visit. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts