Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOLD! I have a two month old Banks Monster Exhaust system for sale. Functionally there is nothing wrong with it, just too loud for my taste. It does have some overspray on it from when I had my truck undercoated, and I replaced the 4" echo chamber tip with a 3.5" resonated tip. It helped make the sound mellow, but didn't quiet it as much as I wanted. Anyway, it's an all stainless steel system, all hardware included, I have all the instructions, and even have the Banks Power sticker! I paid $497.99 for it new two months ago, and will sell it for $300.00 plus the cost of packing and shipping (unless you want to come pick it up, I live just south of Indianapolis, IN). I have no idea what shipping will cost, and will have to figure that out becuase it will nned to be packaged and shipped. If anyone is interested, PM me and let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
how much would shipping be to florida? My zip is 32953. Do you accept paypal?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, this item has been SOLD!

·
Registered
460 Posts
05_Nismo_4X4

Just wondering what made you sell it?

1. Too loud, Not loud enough?
2. Didn,t make a differerence?
3. Are you looking for a different brand?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just in the market for a new exhaust and it was either Bank's or Gibson right now I think.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
05Fronty,

I sold it because it was too loud for my taste. At idle and cruising it wasn't bad, but it got a loud drone in the cabin between 2500 and 3000 rpm, and with having a NISMO with the lower driveline gears ratio, it spent more time in that range than the other models, so it was too annoying to me. I also lost a lot of low end torque, and being as I don't race and don't spend a lot of time with my foot to the floor, it didn't serve my purpose.

I have seen a drop in gas mileage since putting the stock exhaust back on, but the sound level is much easier to live with.

From what I hear, the Gibson is much quieter and their system comes with a 12" resonator just before the muffler that apparently cuts down on the drone, but it's still a 3" system, so it probably has a similar effect on low end torque, however, probably not as bad because Gibson says their system retains a certain amount of back pressure, and Banks claim to fame is their increased flow with no back pressure.

I'm considering a custom system right now being as no one builds a kit with what I want. Magnaflow makes a free flowing "Y" pipe that is available in several combinations of inlet and outlet sizes. Autoanything.com sells them for $25.99. I'd like to find a reputable muffler shop that does mandrel pipe bending and have them fabricate a 2 into 1 system that uses 2.25" pipes to the "Y" and 2.5" for the rest of the system with a 3" Tip. On their website, Magnaflow recommends either staying with the stock pipe size or not going any more than a 1/4 to 1/2 incher larger or performance will suffer. When I measured the stock pipes they appear to be 2" from the CATs to the "Y" and then 2.25" the rest of the way out the back. I figure by going up a 1/4" over the whole system and adding a free flowing "Y" I'd increase flow yet maintain the low end torque and hopefully see an increase in gas mileage as well. But at the moment I'm still shopping around. I jumped to fast on the Banks and wasn't happy. I sold it, but took a considerable loss in the process. I don't want to make that mistake again.

·
Registered
460 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4,

Thanks very much for your detailed reviews on the Banks. A custom exhaust would be sweet as well like you mention with a free flowing "Y" pipe and installing two MagnaFlow mufflers. Hmmm Decisions, decisions..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts