Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking into getting a Softopper canopy. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable with tacomas or any other mid size truck? I ask because well.....everyone offers stuff for tacomas, and i'm Canadian so if I could get something more local it would be a lot easier than ordering from their factory in the US

If you have one i'd like to see pics as well! Haven't seen too many pictures of how they look on the Frontier.

Edit: Of course I should have specified that I mean the short box pro 4x bed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think they are probably the same model as the one that fits the tacoma, there is nothing proprietary about the design as long as the bed is the same size. The only difference might be the bed clamps, as there are several different types but they are available on their website as well as other replacement parts.

Reactions: DangerClose155

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks man. Btw, I got mine used from the classifieds section so keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
356 Posts
FWIW if you go to their website the Frontier top lists for bed size of 58"... the one for the Tacoma lists for 59"-60".. you might say that 2" doesn't matter but you might want to ask a lady her opinion on this?? :ROFLMAO:

I'd call them and ask them to compare the part numbers for both.. if they tell you they're the same then there's your answer.. they do not list the PN# online though (or at least it doesn't show in the shopping cart)..

good luck and let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW if you go to their website the Frontier top lists for bed size of 58"... the one for the Tacoma lists for 59"-60".. you might say that 2" doesn't matter but you might want to ask a lady her opinion on this?? :ROFLMAO:

I'd call them and ask them to compare the part numbers for both.. if they tell you they're the same then there's your answer.. they do not list the PN# online though (or at least it doesn't show in the shopping cart)..

good luck and let us know what you find out!

View attachment 317378
View attachment 317381
yeah good idea, I'll do just that haha

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for the response, too bad they said it won’t work, I know there’s a ton of Tacoma stuff out there for sale!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately not the reply I was hoping for. But that's cleared up at least.
View attachment 317524
Hey there! I just thought I'd let you know that I have a 2015 frontier SV 5 foot bed and bought a softtopper used in my area from a guy with it on his 2015 Taco. We put it on and it fit perfect EXCEPT the clamps were wrong, I'm ordering the clams but the canopy looked fine. If you find one someone is selling in your area just ask if you can try it on your truck. I also emailed Softtopper and got the same response, but I saw in forums from a few years ago they were telling people they are interchangeable. I was able to mock it up with the wrong clamps just to see if it fit and it's fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there! I just thought I'd let you know that I have a 2015 frontier SV 5 foot bed and bought a softtopper used in my area from a guy with it on his 2015 Taco. We put it on and it fit perfect EXCEPT the clamps were wrong, I'm ordering the clams but the canopy looked fine. If you find one someone is selling in your area just ask if you can try it on your truck. I also emailed Softtopper and got the same response, but I saw in forums from a few years ago they were telling people they are interchangeable. I was able to mock it up with the wrong clamps just to see if it fit and it's fine. Good luck!
well that's good news. Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes open

·
Registered
3 Posts
So are you ordering the correct clamps directly from softopper? If so, how much were the clamps shipped? I'm trying to get an idea of total cost if buying used taco topper is worth it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So are you ordering the correct clamps directly from softopper? If so, how much were the clamps shipped? I'm trying to get an idea of total cost if buying used taco topper is worth it. Thanks!
Yes I am ordering from softtopper, it was $24 for 4 clamps plus tax plus 7.95 shipping i paid a total of less than $32 and emailed softtopper to make sure I got the right clamps for my truck. I'm confident it will work but I'll post for sure once the come in the mail and I set it up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks good, I figured a taco topper would fit just fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts