Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please simplify the decision between a roll up vs folding soft covers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
One rolls up, the other one folds. The rolling ones sometimes are easier when you need to make room for a large load, but they can be harder to close during colder months. The folding ones will be easiest to close through the whole year, but if you need to open up the bed of the truck, you'll still have one panel of the tonneau in the way (nearest the rear windows).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rollup better for full bed access...trifold better for partial bed access. How will you be using your bed? I had a rollup before and liked it. Went with a trifold this time around and liking it too. I don't use the entire bed that much though. Budget will be a deciding factor as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah there are a lot out there. The rollup I was gonna get was the Pro-x15 by Truxedo...it was a more of a higher level soft rollup. The Truxedo Truxport is good too...I had it on a previous truck and it's a little more mid-level and affordable than the Pro-x15. There are other lower level covers out there for even cheaper. Depends on your budget mostly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think I want to get a cheaper roll up and save up for an ARE fiberglass topper. I would like the added level of security the fiberglass might afford.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Look around for a used fiberglass topper. They're around and cheap

·
Registered
844 Posts
Look around for a used fiberglass topper. They're around and cheap
Yep. Mine was less than $100. One advantage of trucks being in production for the better part of two decades, the oldest ones are being junked and their aftermarket parts are readily transferred to brand new ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts