Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Guys?
I just recently bought a Frontier and I was thinking about getting a soft cover. What do y'all think about those? What is a good price? And where should I look to get a good one? Thanks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
the 3 fold soft tonneau cover is good atleast you dont need to roll it

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've had soft covers on all of the trucks I've owned. I like them, weather tight unless I"m spraying right at the seams with high pressure water, looks good, and rolls up to take almost no space. Takes all of 30 seconds to roll it up if I need access to the whole bed.

Can't help on price, the last one I bought was back in the mid 90s, the one on my Frontier came with it.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Autoanything is usually a decent place to get a tonneau cover, especially a soft one since they're fairly cheap to ship. I've got an Extang and am pleased with it. Little hard to unsnap and roll in the winter but overall it's not bad.

·
Registered
206 Posts
my friend has an access roll up cover, i had it on my truck on a trip i took (borrowed it) i loved having a cover, and it was easy to use. Im looking into buying a cover, but havent decided between a soft cover or a cover like retrax.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I recently put a Lund tri-fold cover on my truck. It's awesome. Got it from Amazon with free shipping for $310.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've got a Truxedo Truxport roll up on mine and like it pretty well. It can be a little tough to release on occasion, but for the price I am satisfied. I think I paid $280 a year ago for it, I don't know what they run now.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I had a Pace Edwards Jackrabbit cover on my Colorado. This gives the security of a hard cover as well as the convenience of a soft cover. I'll see if I can find pix.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
I've got a Truxedo Truxport roll up on mine and like it pretty well. It can be a little tough to release on occasion, but for the price I am satisfied. I think I paid $280 a year ago for it, I don't know what they run now.

Thats what I have, I think I paid around $260 with shipping off Ebay...

For the price, it is very good. Good looking and easy to use.

·
Premium Member
13,443 Posts
I've got an Access Tonnosport LoPro. I love that it's low profile so it doesn't have that covered wagon look...and really reasonably priced too (less than 300 iirc). Also very easy to install and uninstall if you ever need it clear off the truck. BUT...it does leak a little bit at one corner, so if you're looking for something water tight, I'd stay away from this one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a Pace Edwards Jackrabbit cover on my Colorado. This gives the security of a hard cover as well as the convenience of a soft cover. I'll see if I can find pix.
I thought about the Jackrabbit when I bought my Bakflip...its a nice cover. But I'd bet it won't be in the OPs price range given that it cost about 4x what a soft cover does. :)

edit: huh, not sure what I did to make the quote not work. oh well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
love my access tonnosport its low pro and i havnt had any issues w/ leaking all together its pretty great for less than $300

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm looking at the Tonno Pro here:

TonnoPro Trifold Tonneau Cover

I like the idea that it's a 3-Fold, and is a tight fit with no sags. Easy-On & Easy-Off. $269 includes Free Shipping from most Dealers & EBAY. Affordable for most Pirates!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
144 Posts
The TonnoPro apparently has plastic clamps whereas the Truxedo is all metal from what a local shop told me. Do I spent $270 for the TonnoPro or $430 Truxedo. I'm 95% positive I will go with the TonnoPro in the next couple days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts