Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at new Frontiers and saw on the sticker it has an SV truck value package. In the package the second and third items are 1) leather wrapped steering wheel and 2)leather wrapped shift knob.
So why when looking inside the truck is neither item leather trimmed?

Clint

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody here has a 2016 with the truck value package?
If you do why is there no leather wheel or shifter?

Clint

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 2016 with the VTP and it has both a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob (along with all the other stuff listed).

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't understand why what I was looking at doesn't have it.

Clint

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
This is speculation, but I 'think' there was a date last Fall '15 that was a transition date for when the 'New and Improved' VTP (Value Truck Package) came into existence for the '16s. So, perhaps this particular Frontier was built prior to that date? Would tend to think a dealer would correct this at no charge. Though, it is unusual to have the window sticker not representing the truck upon which is is applied. This brings to mind the CF'er who did not get OEM skid plates on his P4X.

IIRC, the leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob were the only two additions compared to the '15 VTP.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those are options that can be not added when you build the truck online. When I was shopping back in January, I noticed the difference too. Never did figure it out.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Anyone have pics of the steering wheel? The top of mine is starting to look like crap and I'm looking to replace it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This is speculation, but I 'think' there was a date last Fall '15 that was a transition date for when the 'New and Improved' VTP (Value Truck Package) came into existence for the '16s. So, perhaps this particular Frontier was built prior to that date? Would tend to think a dealer would correct this at no charge. Though, it is unusual to have the window sticker not representing the truck upon which is is applied. This brings to mind the CF'er who did not get OEM skid plates on his P4X.

IIRC, the leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob were the only two additions compared to the '15 VTP.
I just noticed when lifting my truck, that I have all but the oil pan skid installed on mine. I bought it new in 2012, so it's probly too late to complain, but it still pisses me off.

·
Super Moderator
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It appears that I was wrong, they gave me the keys today and with the door open I see the steering wheel is in fact leather but through the glass appeared to be the same as my current wheel.
I'd like a new truck but I really like my manual transmission.

Clint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts