Nissan Frontier Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I swear you can see it when driving though even on straight non crowned roads you can see it going to the front right over the dash
So yesterday I parked on what appears to be a level surface. My numbers, from lowest point of the wheel to fender lip read
LF - 28 1/4"
RF - 28 1/4"
LR - 29"
RR - 28 3/4"
These numbers were cab empty, 3/4 tank of gas. I would guess your numbers are ground up unless you have a lift kit on it?
When I am in the drivers seat going down the road - on the left I see that center portion of the hood and the hood contour to the lower section over the headlight and top of fender. Looking to the right I can only see the center portion of the hood, not the lower section or the fender. This may give the illusion of a lean?

To the OP - I don't think there is a problem with the truck. Early on do I recall that you were ready to sell this (or trade it) and take a loss? If that's still on the table, give me a call!

Thanks for the info! I'll let you know what I decide by this weekend.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Wtf just happened here?!?!?!? This thread started out as everytime you opened the passenger side doors everything fell out of the truck due to it sitting un-level to well maybe it's only 1/4", but my hood looks weird....I don't know why I fall for this sh!t. Unsubscribed

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
589 Posts
Wtf just happened here?!?!?!? This thread started out as everytime you opened the passenger side doors everything fell out of the truck due to it sitting un-level to well maybe it's only 1/4", but my hood looks weird....I don't know why I fall for this sh!t. Unsubscribed
It's called, Clickbait.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,360 Posts
That’s like putting a cheater bar on a wrench!
A gentleman would never even consider using a cheater bar on a wrench!

Need extra leverage on a combination wrench??
Another combination wrench onto the first wrench will do. So what if a breaker bar is only a few feet away.

My 1st Gen leaned less after installing rear spring assist load carrier shocks a few years ago.
But the lean is now back and with almost 300k on the odometer...these leafs will stay for the remainder.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Lol yes the slab probably isn't straight but the other 3 areas ive went to check it are and the mechanics i talked to notice it too, ive never had a full tank of gas in the truck i only got it a few weeks ago and was waiting on my registration to drive it fulltime, i wonder if i fill the tank up if it will lower the drivers side as well and make it even? does anyone else's frontier sit weird with less gas? even with the problems Carvana offered me $1000 over what i paid for it after i disclosed the issues so i dont know what to do. Id really like to keep it but no mechanic can find a problem and even my girl can see the slant when she is in the passenger seat when we drive.
All I know is....this is the first time I've heard a complaint of front lean.
All the leans I've read about were in the rear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Not clickbait. I found some previous posts about this but apparently it was always an issue with the truck when I thought it was actually common. Pretty sure this truck has been in an accident but no one can find evidence of it mechanic wise. Carvana offered me $2k more than what I paid so I'm going to sell to them and get a different frontier and inspect it better this time. Thanks for all the help .

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Not clickbait. I found some previous posts about this but apparently it was always an issue with the truck when I thought it was actually common. Pretty sure this truck has been in an accident but no one can find evidence of it mechanic wise. Carvana offered me $2k more than what I paid so I'm going to sell to them and get a different frontier and inspect it better this time. Thanks for all the help .
If you seek "perfection"....buy a brand new vehicle that has zero wear on any suspension parts.
It's impossible for anyone to inspect a used vehicle and determine how it's been treated. Curbs hit, potholes plowed thru, raidroad tracks jumped catching a few feet of air. Parts not installed properly or not even torqued to spec. Believe it or not....over the years....I've met some "mechanics" that didn't own a torque wrench.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Go to lowes, get a few 50lb bags of play sand and store them on whatever side of the bed you need to balance things off.
You failed to warn the OP, that happens to be located just outside El Paso, about the parking lot light post at the Lowe's that killed a Frontier not too long ago. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You failed to warn the OP, that happens to be located just outside El Paso, about the parking lot light post at the Lowe's that killed a Frontier not too long ago. :unsure:
It's probably the same guy. He pops on here using different names.
Whenever a post is off the wall, I suspect it's him.

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
589 Posts
A gentleman would never even consider using a cheater bar on a wrench!

Need extra leverage on a combination wrench??
Another combination wrench onto the first wrench will do. So what if a breaker bar is only a few feet away.

My 1st Gen leaned less after installing rear spring assist load carrier shocks a few years ago.
But the lean is now back and with almost 300k on the odometer...these leafs will stay for the remainder.
I'm sorry, but I must call BS on this, but then again, Drillers are not Gentlemen! You haven't lived until you've had to used a 60in pipe wrench with a 20ft cheater bar and an extra set of hands to break binded drill rods loose.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm sorry, but I must call BS on this, but then again, Drillers are not Gentlemen! You haven't lived until you've had to used a 60in pipe wrench with a 20ft cheater bar and an extra set of hands to break binded drill rods loose.
Yeah, the original draft started out with...Only sissies use a cheater bar on a combination wrench.

Been tryin to censor myself a lil.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I must have missed this original draft, thought we were talking about a leaning truck..

121 - 135 of 135 Posts