81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Reactions: TwoWheelsDown

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Here you can see it, the ground is level, also taken to 3 different places to make sure it wasn't my driveway, all tires are the same brand and PSI, you can see it leaning to the left in this photo(passenger side), here is inside the passenger front wheel well
This whole time, have you actually tried measuring? Everything you've said so far has ZERO actual distance measurements stated.

Sorry, but I think this might be a bad case of buyers remorse and group hysteria. We still don't have any meaningful measurement numbers from op.
Well this is more fun than that head unit thread.
I suggested measuring a long time ago already:

Check your tire pressures first, make sure they are equal - then take actual measurements from the bottom of the fender opening to the ground on all four corners, and report back.

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
589 Posts
It's the liberal side!!! :p:LOL:
Well if its leaning to the left you need to carpool with republicans, that will give it a nice right wing lean,
And if its leaning too far then add a couple democrats and it will even itself out but there will be a lot of screaming, shouting and name calling in the process!

OH GOD!
I FORGOT TO MENTION!
DON'T LET THEM ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR WALLET!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
to get an accurate measurement, I measure where exactly to the ground? I used the top middle of the wheel well(fender) before to the ground and the passenger front was 33 1/2, drivers front was a little over 34 inches. but someone said I wasn't measuring spot wise correctly. Yesterday the guy at firestone said the passenger rear is leaning right by an inch more than the drivers side and the passenger front is almost an inch and a half off lower than drivers side. I just measure straight up the middle of the tire on level ground. i start at the ground and when I hit the highest FIRST point of the fender/wheel well that is the measurement, correct?

And buyers remorse? Maybe. I still got a good deal on it for $15k and even if carvana buys it with its "issues" ill make my money back, but with the way the truck market is right now I would like to repair and keep it.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
to get an accurate measurement, I measure where exactly to the ground? I used the top middle of the wheel well(fender) before to the ground and the passenger front was 33 1/2, drivers front was a little over 34 inches. but someone said I wasn't measuring spot wise correctly. Yesterday the guy at firestone said the passenger rear is leaning right by an inch more than the drivers side and the passenger front is almost an inch and a half off lower than drivers side. I just measure straight up the middle of the tire on level ground. i start at the ground and when I hit the highest FIRST point of the fender/wheel well that is the measurement, correct?

And buyers remorse? Maybe. I still got a good deal on it for $15k and even if carvana buys it with its "issues" ill make my money back, but with the way the truck market is right now I would like to repair and keep it.
Take the truck to somewhere you see is level, a concrete pad like at a gas station. Take a tape measure and hook the bottom center of the rim to the top of the wheel arch in all four corners. This way it doesn’t matter about tire inflation as your going from a solid item to another given point.
what are those 4 answers?

Clint

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Remember the truck has a rake to it so when you load the bed or tow the back starts to level out, not squat.

Clint

Reactions: raine

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Order of photos-
1. passenger front
2.passenger rear
3.driver front
4. driver rear.

...4 different camera angles aside, well.. looks like:

Left Front = 867mm <----> Right Front = 855mm
Left Rear = 884mm <----> Right Rear = 881mm

Time for math:
Front difference side to side = 12mm 1.4%
Rear difference side to side = 3mm 0.3%

To be realistic here, there's nothing to worry about. It's a used truck and anything can be causing these small variables; tread wear, bushing stickiness or slop, fuel tank level, a bump in the road, battery weight, etc. etc. etc.

I'm thinking where you're parking isn't as flat as you think it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thing is the mechanics all said it was lower on right side as well by about an inch or so each mechanic said the same thing so I'm not only going off my parking lot levels

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Bounce the truck and you'll have 4 different measurements. Those variances are normal.
Don't measure to the ground, measure to the bottom of the rim, like this photo. That way you eliminate surface variations on the ground and tire issues.

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Thing is the mechanics all said it was lower on right side as well by about an inch or so each mechanic said the same thing so I'm not only going off my parking lot levels
Okay... so seeing the ACTUAL measurement numbers (and the ACTUAL percentage of height difference) what do you make of it? Are you okay with a little difference? Do you expect it to be exactly equal (it never will be)? Does it bug you enough to want to chase the culprit and resolve it? Is it worth the time?

I'm only asking because in the end this only bothers you, you're the owner of the truck we're all discussing.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Did they measure from the ground? If so tire wear and inflation count in the calculation.

Clint

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Yes it's driving me nuts. If it was just noticable from the outside I wouldn't care but I can tell the difference as I drive I can see the hood going towards the leaning side. So I measured at the gas station and from the bottom most part of my rim to the start of the actual black part of truck/wheel well/fender whatever there is about an inch difference lower on the right than the left. Measurements taken before filling tank and after are both consistent.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
I could drive that and not be bothered, I also have all the tools, space and ability to change all the parts if I needed to. You’re in a different position so I appreciate that.
My son started to help me lift his Jeep and then vanished to go to see the Yankees play the Mets while his Jeep magically raised itself up. Too bad you don’t have that kind of free labor. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m such a fool, haha.
Looking at the tape, I do not see a drastic difference and unless the tires are wearing badly can you live with it? Where do you live? Maybe someone from here could look and or help you out.

Clint

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I am outside of El paso texas. And sadly I would rather pay the 2-400 to fix it but nobody locally knows what's wrong to fix haha it's funny because usually it's the other way around for mechanics overcharging but every mechanic has told me they see it but can't find the problem

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Springs are the only thing holding the truck up. Replace the springs if you can't live with this. Do the rears first.

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
I am outside of El paso texas. And sadly I would rather pay the 2-400 to fix it but nobody locally knows what's wrong to fix haha it's funny because usually it's the other way around for mechanics overcharging but every mechanic has told me they see it but can't find the problem
Like I mentioned earlier, it can be so many things.
It can be something simple like bushing stick.
It can be something more involved like uneven suspension wear, or something bent but not easily seen.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know I'll get flamed for this, but they do make coil spring spacers sold at autozone and such that you can place in between the front coils to help level. They are often frowned upon due to not letting spring perform its full stroke as designed, but they are cheap and fairly easy to install. Just a thought, take it or leave it. I just put on my asbestos underwear! FLAME ON! Lol

These!

Reactions: RamTest
81 - 100 of 135 Posts